Flat head reunion - west

deac

I have a desire to organize a flat head reunion here in the west.  The annual flat head reunion in mid-west/eastern part of the U.S. seams to be gaining traction now.  Some of us west coast Pontiac owners are traveling to the event in Iowa next weekend!  I am starting to work with a ETC member in northern California to make a reunion happen here in California.  If we can start making contact in these forums then we can organize the reunion.  After-all the reunion in the east I hear is fun and you might learn some things from other members.

Show your interest by replying to this post for I would love to hear your thoughts/ideas,

Chris

I believe my Pontiac would get lost east of the Mississippi.  Would be great to have a gathering closer to home.  It costs me $70.00 Canadian for the ferry to get to the USA but of course fuel is a lot cheaper (we pay $1.45 per liter) once we cross the dotted line.  Keep us posted.

There's life and where there's life there's hope!  Happy to hear of your interest!  I will keep you posted.  I think we have an interested bunch of people so onward and upward we go and meet some good Pontiac people along the way....

Chris

This is the email that has been sent out to all ETC members that appear on the roster.  If you are not a member or if you haven't receive this announcement yet please take a moment and reply.

I am looking to assess the interest in holding another Flathead Reunion on the West Coast. There have been two Flathead Reunions in the West. One was in Morro Bay in 2012 and the other was in Chico in 2016.  The Flathead Reunion, sponsored by the Early Times Chapter of POCI, has been an annual event for years.  Some West Coast Pontiac owners have traveled to Iowa for the 2018 Flathead Reunion but we would like to have one annually in California, too. The Flathead Reunion has traditionally been a three-day event with tech sessions, local sightseeing, a driving tour, car show, and awards. It is a great way to meet people with common interests and build friendships.  Rob Guzzetta and I are working to build the community of Flathead Pontiac owners in California so that we can have more frequent events.  If we can start communicating via email and local get togethers we can build a core group so that we can organize a major event such as the Flathead Reunion, West. To do this we need YOU! We ask you to answer to three questions:
1. Do you think you would be interested in attending a Flathead Reunion West someplace in California in 2019 or 2020?
2.  Would you attend an informal get together of Flathead Pontiac owners in October? The plan would be to have one get together in Northern California and one in Southern California.
3. Do you have any ideas on how to build Early Times Chapter membership in California and the West.

Show your interest by replying to Chris Deacon AND Rob Guzetta for we would love to hear your thoughts/ideas.

If you want to see what a Flathead Reunion, West looks like, here are some photos from the 2012 event in Morro Bay:
https://flic.kr/s/aHsjzsDkuj

Again, please reply to both Rob and me. This will help us gauge the interest and know how to best move forward.

Thank you,
Chris and Rob

Reply to:
Chris Deacon -  cdeac500@gmail.com
Rob Guzzetta -    spllithead6fan@gmail.com

Edited by deac (see edit history)