‘65 Vinyl top question

Rivdrivn

Look at your Fisher Data Plate on your fire wall.  What is the paint code?  The way I understand it is if you have the same letter twice in all caps - DD, then that's the upper and lower body colors.  Because there were no two-tone Riviera, the same letter is used twice.

But on the Riviera, I understand that an upper case letter followed by to the number 2 is the code for a vinyl top. Check yours and see what it tells you.

• Like 1

Steve,

If my recall is correct, there are 2 studded clips which secure the corner moldings for the factory vinyl top. I only see 1 hole. In addition, the holes which serve to mount the standard molding under the rear window appear to be present. As you probably know, factory vinyl top cars did not receive the standard trim under the rear window.

As Ed suggest, and I`m quite sure you are already aware, your Fisher Body plate will tell how your car was originally built. Maybe at some point someone added the vinyl top as an accessory? Hope this helps,

Tom

3 hours ago, 1965rivgs said:

Steve,

If my recall is correct, there are 2 studded clips which secure the corner moldings for the factory vinyl top. I only see 1 hole. In addition, the holes which serve to mount the standard molding under the rear window appear to be present. As you probably know, factory vinyl top cars did not receive the standard trim under the rear window.

As Ed suggest, and I`m quite sure you are already aware, your Fisher Body plate will tell how your car was originally built. Maybe at some point someone added the vinyl top as an accessory? Hope this helps,

Tom

Thanks, Tom. That does help. It’s originally a silver car with no vinyl top, so maybe it was added long ago and looked something like this:

F08681F4-373D-44BD-B622-AF1E50457A3E.png