Help Pricing Unique NOS Part Please!!!

CaptainKirk

I restored cars as a hobby many years ago.  One project was a ground-up restoration of a 1960 Invicta Bubbletop.  One of the NOS parts I bought for this car was a GM, dealer installed sun shield for the large rear window (see picture).  Unfortunately I didn't realize that the shape of Bubbletops in '59-'60 and '61-'62 were not the same.  So the part I bought didn't fit my car but fits the '61-'62 GM Bubbletops.

I have never seen another one of these, so I believe it is super-rare -- but maybe not?  I would very much like to see it preserved by installation on a car it was made for.  I am not interested in getting the very last dollar out of this, just a fair price for both buyer and seller.

Any ideas on what this might be worth?  Thanks very much.

Bubbletop Sun Shield 3.jpg

I had a few of these in the boxes.  I can't remember if I threw them in a whole sale lot to get rid of them when I moved my shop or they found their way to my new garage attic.  I would say the best way to determine the value if you are looking to sell it is to put it on eBay with the lowest garage sale price you would sell it for as your opening bid no reserve and let it run for a 10 day auction.  I never sold mine because they looked like they weren't worth the hassle to ship them.  I don't remember if they were to long to go USPS my preferred method of shipping.  That might have been the reason I didn't try selling them as well. 

$75? $100 if perfect, no scratches, and in the original wrapper? Good advice from "Auburnseeker".  Rare and very useful to someone who owns one of those cars. I owned a '61 LeSabre bubbletop for many years, and it was like driving a greenhouse or a goldfish bowl in the summer--gets very warm inside that car very fast on a sunny day.

Pete Phillips, BCA #7338

Leonard, TX