Quality babbit/white metal work in QLD Australia?

maok

I know there are few people who visit these forums from Australia, and specifically from Queensland.

Just reaching out to any one who may know of a person who can do this type of work in Brisbane Australia.

My engine machinist's usual bloke has retired and has ask me to find someone.

Any leads would be much appreciated.

The one place that is worth trying is in Brisbane, run by Garth Browne. Enoggera Cylinder Heads, Shed 20, 51 Prospect Road, Gaythorne.  I used to go to his father Peter's business, Power Brakes and Engineering so he should be capable.

I can recommend you don't go near a certain establishment at Ningi. I know I won't be again.

I have friends interstate that have successfully used a company in South Australia, which I was/am going to investigate next time I need white metal bearings, though I also live in Brisbane.

Matthew

Hi Matthew, thank you for the reply.

The bloke near Bribie Island (I am not sure but most likely the same person as the one in Ningi) apparently has retired and sold his equipment to his apprentice who has moved to Stanthorpe. Interestingly you obviously have had a bad experience with this person, you are welcomed to pm me if you wish to elaborate further. However, my machinist recommends him but does not recommend the bloke in Enoggera.