Spare Teves and CRT

RetroJohnny

Hello everyone, so when I bought my Reatta, it came in the trunk with what looks like a complete TEVES system and a CRT screen.. I asked the owner and "supposedly" the screen works but needs a bulb, and the teves is complete. Should I sell the teves system? or hold onto it if the current system fails? and, how would I ever repair that CRT? Cause I would certianly like a backup of the screen. Thanks, I posted pictures of them below.

20180124_234638.jpg

20180124_234650.jpg

6 minutes ago, RetroJohnny said:

Should I sell the teves system?

Worth some bucks, but I'd keep it- "just in case". Those parts (if working) are getting kinda scarce...

8 minutes ago, RetroJohnny said:

how would I ever repair that CRT?

I can personally vouch for this Man. Best $ I ever spent. Restored with modern components, better than new.

DCP_5761.thumb.JPG.26d7d423e48b80714d2b391bbfd1da31.JPG

Eddie Voland repairs '88-89 CRTs. Contact him for current prices to get your CRT repaired. eddievoland@yahoo.com (443) 536-9591 (MD)

• Like 1

Keep the Teves parts for sure. A used accumulator doesnt have much value as suitable substitutes are available new. The pressure switch is inobtanium as a new part, and is essential to the proper operation of the pump. I don't know how long these pumps will last, but I have several spares on hand in case one of mine dies. I don't think anyone is rebuilding them anymore. There was one outfit that was still doing it a few years back but I believe they stopped offering the service.

Since the ABS is an integral and safety critical part of the car, if you want to stay road worthy, you would do best to have some backup parts for it. Virtually nothing else besides a [workable] substitute accumulator is available new anymore, and the only other option is to scrounge up the non-ABS brake parts from a 88-90 Riviera that had standard brakes and convert it to eliminate the Teves setup. Some of those parts are probably going to be equally tough to find as well 30 years on.

I concur with 89RDG's input on the CRT. Have it rebuilt by Eddie Voland, you will need it eventually, and a working used one is a crap shoot as to how long it'll last.

Edited by KDirk (see edit history)
  • Like 1