abs leads

Blue90

I went to a pick n pull yesterday to pull some front leads off an '89 Riviera that just came in.  To my surprise it didn't have a Teves brake system.  I thought it was standard on Rivieras; this one had all the other options:  sunroof, 16-way driver's seat, and (very worn) suede bolsters.  I did manage to get the 16-way seat control and the wiper/defrost switch.

I also found a 1990 Cadillac Fleetwood with the Teves system and did manage to get the accumulator and both front leads.  However the Caddy's front leads measure 38", the Reatta's measure in at 44".  Does anyone know if the shorter leads will fit the Reatta?

Thanks,

S.

As far as I know the Teves brake system was an option on select Buicks, Cadillacs, Oldsmobiles and Pontiac cars but standard on the Reatta.

Regarding the leads, if you look at the Cadillac's front leads at the head the mount for the bolt is in line rather then cross ways as it is for the Reatta which makes it similar to the Reatta rear lead which is where I use them. The head and the length of the lead allows it to work on the rear.

One can just put a loom on it and you now have a Reatta rear lead!

Edited by DAVES89 (see edit history)

For parts pickers, Teves ABS was standard on the FWD C body Fleetwood and optional on the Caddy Deville, Seville and Eldorado in 88, 89 and 90. ABS (different system, not Teves) became standard on those three Caddies in 91. Reatta was the only Buick that had ABS standard for 88-90 AFAIK, was optional on the Riviera all three years. Not sure it even became standard in 91 with the change to Bosch.

Allante had something different again, sourced from Bosch I think. This does limit your potential parts car sources, though some Pontiacs of the era had Teves optional as well I believe (Bonneville most notably). The Olds Toronado and Trofeo (though even more rare in a yard than a Reatta now) are also possible parts sources should you actually run across one.