Under Dash Heater

Looking for a reasonably priced firewall mount heater. Unrestored is fine as long as it's not rusted out. Brand not important but hose connections must be four and a half inches center to center and in a horizontal configuration rather than vertical. Appreciate any and all input.

Thanks, Greg

HI Greg. The first guys I would check with, based on experience , are the two Roys. Roy of Roysboystoys has had some exquisite accessory heaters , some NOS. As usual Roy doesn't try to squeeze the last buck out of his inventory. I got a perfect - I think never used - Ha-dees from him a while back , but it was such a screaming hot (pardon) deal that a flood of other guys quickly washed up in my wake. Realizing that I most likely would not get around to mounting it , I abdicated (or whatever word) in favor of someone else and stepped aside. The other Roy is 93 year old Roy Lassen in Santa Barbara. He has more goodies than Santa Claus. House is floor to ceiling , and then there are the outbuildings. Pretty good inventory for a West Coast venue. I enjoy visiting with Roy , and cruising around with him. If you find yourself in S.B. , do the same. I always find some great stuff there. You will find his phone number on    classicaccessories.org    , and quite an easily navigated romp through typical stock on the site. As an icebreaker , ask Roy to tell you about the time he and his grandson Danny and I came rapidly down the Old San Marcos road (do you know it ?) from the Coldspring Tavern at dusk in my '27 Cad. Roy was quite a wheelman in his time , and said that is how he would have made the descent. Yeah , tell him Cadillac Carl sent you. He still hears and sees and drives well , and the ladies ? I'm here to tell you ! I want to go out tomcatting up the Ladies Luncheon set with him next time I pass through. Did I ever tell you about the trio of octogenarianesses sipping gin and tonics in the Cliff House in 'Frisco back in 1966 ? I was 21 at the time , about the age the gals had been when the Big One hit sixty years earlier. I really hope to turn into an octogenarian on Argentine Independence Day , 2024. And my '24 Cad will be a centenarian ! I love old age. It just happened a bit too quickly ! Good luck on the heater. There are many out there. Do you know how standard the fit you need is ?    - Cadillac Carl 

• Haha 2