Need Help identifying Chrysler truck

Guest Jerry13811

Guest Jerry13811

Barn find in New York. I can't find what it is anywhere, looks close to some 1929 cars as far as dash and wheels. Chrysler badge and tag and  a Hayes body tag. 10 spoke wood wheels. Think it was a dump truck.  Thanks for any help.

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

Guest Jerry13811

Thanks, does that mean someone modified it into a dump? I'm guessing that's what the levers between the seats are. I saw some of the 10 spoke rims on 1929 cars. Does the Hayes body tag tell anything about the car? Thanks again.

19 minutes ago, Jerry13811 said:

Thanks, does that mean someone modified it into a dump? I'm guessing that's what the levers between the seats are. I saw some of the 10 spoke rims on 1929 cars. Does the Hayes body tag tell anything about the car? Thanks again.

Looks modified to me. The ten spoke wheels may be Auburn by the look of that hubcap. Most Chrysler wood spoke wheels were 12 spoke through 1930. Then they went to ten spoke in 1931.

Auburn hub cap.jpg

Edited by keiser31 (see edit history)

Guest Jerry13811
10 hours ago, TerryB said:

Might have been used on a farm as a tractor for pulling implements.  The modified cars were called doodlebug tractors.

Thanks TerryB, found a lot of interesting info on those - had no clue.

3 hours ago, Jerry13811 said:

What would the value of one of these be? I may have a chance to buy it and keep it from rotting away in a barn.

There was one at the RM auction in Hershey last week.  It sold for $4,400.00.  It was in mint type shape with a good looking paint job.

Here is the link to the auction results.  It is lot #177.

https://www.rmsothebys.com/en/home/lots/HF17#page=1&view=80&collection=All Availability

Edited by Larry Schramm (see edit history)