wheel covers

odat

I have one very nice one if you cant find a pair. The stainless bands are good condition and the metal is in excellent condition, nice old black paint. Came to me on a 33 -16B  on the rear spare, which is incorrect . Notice on the bottom its not a full circle where it goes in the fender. Mike 585 738 1541

1933 16b.jpg

Edited by mikewest (see edit history)

Take Mike up on his offer = these are like the hubcaps for my 55 Buick - you would have thought an easy enough project, but by the time I was done I had umpteen amounts of money in getting together 4 and had a good dozen plus that were scavenged for one part or another, had to buy a couple sets of buy 4 to get 1 or 2 excellent, and .... (ie. a bird in the hand in good condition is worth ....).  Also, they are hard to find as Franklin wheels are 19" and most cars by the time streamline tire covers came into play were 18" and quickly going to 17".  LaSalle used a similar 19" cover for 30 and 31 - rarer than the Franklin though.

Sidenote: You may have to put a 6:00 tire in the spare or deflate or ..... - original covers and reproduction tires often are a precarious fit at best.

Edited by John_Mereness (see edit history)