1922 Cadillac parts for sale

I have about a pickup truck load of 1922 Cadillac parts that are for sale.  They include the following:

transmission

drive shaft

pedals

three heads

several starter generators

wheels

misc engine parts including valves, timing chain and gear and several other boxes of stuff

brake drums

brake mechanism

belly pan

air pump

and probably some other stuff that I can not think of

Let me know your interest and I can send pictures and prices.

Parts are in Vermont.  I will be traveling to the Wisconsin over the 4th of July so could deliver along the way if you act fast.  Could also bring to Hershey.

email erskine@us.ibm.com

Thanks

Bill Erskine

Hi Bill ! Thank you for opening this large parts source ! I just sent a fwd. to my group.  It is  earlyV8cadillac@yahoogroups.com  , and we have 80 or so members on at least 4 continents. Some of the guys may well be very happy to pay whatever it takes to ship. I am 100% sure the first thought which comes to mind with us is : what is in the several other boxes of stuff ? For example we have a highly motivated, extremely energetic and smart , young (still in his 20s !!) member in Australia. This fine future "Old Bull" of the hobby , (he also has a '26 Buick) , got burned seriously on a misrepresented 1922 Cadillac he had shipped to him , "Ready to drive and enjoy" , but instead the engine has SERIOUS problems. No driving for Stuart this last "Driving Season". But our exemplary member just rolled up his sleeves , and is becoming a world expert on this period of V8 Cadillac engine. The top cover which carries the pivots for the roller finger followers for the valves was badly damaged. Hard to find , Stuart is having an expensive , time consuming repair done at the machine shop. So , in the interest of efficiency , is it possible to lay out the contents of box by box , and take pics from 2 angles ? That will save large amounts of time digging through the boxes for the inevitable "do you have this ?" and "do you have that" questions everyone will be asking you. 

Again , thanks for making these parts available. I certainly don't have to tell you the importance of keeping such treasure for their intended purpose. I have recently spent a large amount of time saving about 20 engines , 'teens to early '30s. There was a time imperative with the seller who realized the value to old car guys (his father collected old engines , but tragically was killed by a falling tree over 30 years ago) , but did not know about AACA until I met him. We worked very well together, and he gave me a transmission for my '27 Cadillac for my efforts , which I hope I never need. But I drive it long distance , and teach interested people how to drive and double clutch  up shifts on it. I will not let them double clutch downshifts on it unless they already have the technique. So you never know. I am confident, you being who you are , that all these parts will go to a good purpose. Extensive , massive parts inventories are being made available (eg. The late Ed Jacobowitz) , but the task is monumental. I feel it is imperative that make specific parts must be kept together for distribution. Hard to implement the most efficient means to do so. We are fortunate that this electronic medium has become viable. However , it is still to a large degree "old boy network dependent". I think the "cyber boy network" could and should become more powerful. Many large reservoirs of parts are being opened up , with more to come.

I am sure all your parts will be saved.  - Carl  , 408-621-8261  , or P.M.

1 hour ago, C Carl said:

Hi Bill ! Thank you for opening this large parts source ! I just sent a fwd. to my group.  It is  earlyV8cadillac@yahoogroups.com  , and we have 80 or so members on at least 4 continents. Some of the guys may well be very happy to pay whatever it takes to ship. I am 100% sure the first thought which comes to mind with us is : what is in the several other boxes of stuff ? For example we have a highly motivated, extremely energetic and smart , young (still in his 20s !!) member in Australia. This fine future "Old Bull" of the hobby , (he also has a '26 Buick) , got burned seriously on a misrepresented 1922 Cadillac he had shipped to him , "Ready to drive and enjoy" , but instead the engine has SERIOUS problems. No driving for Stuart this last "Driving Season". But our exemplary member just rolled up his sleeves , and is becoming a world expert on this period of V8 Cadillac engine. The top cover which carries the pivots for the roller finger followers for the valves was badly damaged. Hard to find , Stuart is having an expensive , time consuming repair done at the machine shop. So , in the interest of efficiency , is it possible to lay out the contents of box by box , and take pics from 2 angles ? That will save large amounts of time digging through the boxes for the inevitable "do you have this ?" and "do you have that" questions everyone will be asking you. 

Again , thanks for making these parts available. I certainly don't have to tell you the importance of keeping such treasure for their intended purpose. I have recently spent a large amount of time saving about 20 engines , 'teens to early '30s. There was a time imperative with the seller who realized the value to old car guys (his father collected old engines , but tragically was killed by a falling tree over 30 years ago) , but did not know about AACA until I met him. We worked very well together, and he gave me a transmission for my '27 Cadillac for my efforts , which I hope I never need. But I drive it long distance , and teach interested people how to drive and double clutch  up shifts on it. I will not let them double clutch downshifts on it unless they already have the technique. So you never know. I am confident, you being who you are , that all these parts will go to a good purpose. Extensive , massive parts inventories are being made available (eg. The late Ed Jacobowitz) , but the task is monumental. I feel it is imperative that make specific parts must be kept together for distribution. Hard to implement the most efficient means to do so. We are fortunate that this electronic medium has become viable. However , it is still to a large degree "old boy network dependent". I think the "cyber boy network" could and should become more powerful. Many large reservoirs of parts are being opened up , with more to come.

I am sure all your parts will be saved.  - Carl  , 408-621-8261  , or P.M.

Hi Carl thanks for the kind words, yes it was definitely disappointing the issues were not disclosed but I've learned alot and it's nearly ready to start going back together. I've just finished prepping the distributor casing for painting (it had a really flaky paint job on it, that looked terrible as opposed to patina). While there has been a few nasty surprises, it is the only Type 61 5 Passenger Coupe in Australia! I'm aiming to be on the road by September which is when the temperatures start to pick up here in Victoria.

I'm definitely interested in the lot (as long as the condition isnt' too bad) and would offer up the stuff I don't need to the rest of the community, I also know there are a few items in there that people may want/need patterns for.

If that's not an option, it would be great to try and pick up some of the smaller pieces - some photos' would be great but one of the main things I'm missing is priming cups off my motor and there are a few things that I'd like spares of such as clutch, distributor, carb and some spare push rods. Pictures tell 1000 words so there probably is a bunch of other 'useful' stuff in there that would go well on my car :-)

The following parts have been spoken for. 

three heads

misc engine parts

belly pan

air pump

I thought of several other things that are there. 

2 Clutch packs.

enough new clutch plates for 2 to 3 clutch packs

foot rail

there were two trunks in the stuff, but I am not sure if they would go to a Cadillac.

Bill Erskine

9 hours ago, Bill Erskine said:

The following parts have been spoken for. 

three heads

misc engine parts

belly pan

air pump

I thought of several other things that are there. 

2 Clutch packs.

enough new clutch plates for 2 to 3 clutch packs

foot rail

there were two trunks in the stuff, but I am not sure if they would go to a Cadillac.

Bill Erskine

Hey Bill, doesn't sound like there is going to be much left unfortunately. Can you at least do us a favour and encourage the people that picked up the various pieces to join the early Cadillac Yahoo group? or if they're members of the Cadillac Club? There really aren't many of these cars known to be out there, so it would be good to know if there are more out there.

Cheers

Not necessarily. I have spoken with the gentleman who I recruited to our Early V8 Cad group a couple months ago. (And , Stuart , he is not ALL that much older than you are ! I hope you become lifelong friends , and visit each other throughout ! Great old cars to share on opposite sides of the globe. He , like you , also has another great Nickle era car). See his postings about his '20 , He needs interchangeability data. He would love to get as much help in that regard as possible from us. If he can't use it , you will be able to. I hope we can have very productive dialogue among us in group.  - Carl

1 hour ago, C Carl said:

Not necessarily. I have spoken with the gentleman who I recruited to our Early V8 Cad group a couple months ago. (And , Stuart , he is not ALL that much older than you are ! I hope you become lifelong friends , and visit each other throughout ! Great old cars to share on opposite sides of the globe. He , like you , also has another great Nickle era car). See his postings about his '20 , He needs interchangeability data. He would love to get as much help in that regard as possible from us. If he can't use it , you will be able to. I hope we can have very productive dialogue among us in group.  - Carl

The parts book on GM heritage centre (I think it's mixed up in the 1923 docos) identifies all of the parts that interchange to earlier cars from type 61's

I got back out to the barn this weekend and looked at the parts here are some of the additional parts that are available.

2 new exhaust pipes

2 axle shafts

front spindle

steering knuckle with drag link

2 door latches with internal and external handles

small metal tank  (approximately 5 X 8 X 12)

I think this makes the list complete.  You can see from above what has been spoken for and what else is still available.

Bill Erskine