1990 buick reatta

Guest reattalover97

Guest reattalover97

hi my name is jace and i have a 1990 buick reatta hardtop, and the turn signals light up on the dash but dont blink, and the passinger side signals light up but dont blink and the driver side only the back one lights up and doesnt blink as well and ik i need to replace the driver from bulbs but i wanna know why they arent blinking.. the fuse is fine.

Try the Emergency Flasher  flasher button located on the steering column. If that works I would think your light system is fine. However that would lead me to believe that your Directional flasher located way up under the dash has gone bad. If it is bad you will have to remove the trim panel under the steering wheel and reach way up into the dash and "feel" for the directional flasher can. You will feel two of them, one is the Emergency flasher can the other the Directional flasher can. You can pull them out of their retainer as there is enough wire to almost reach out of the bottom of the dash and helps make it easier to replace it. You may want to have the Emergency flasher "on" so you can hear and feel it "click" so you know you have grabbed the right thing. The Directional flasher is located right next to the Emergency flasher.

You may want to consider removing the driver's seat to give yourself a bit more room to work unless you are still pretty flexible and can contort yourself a bit.

• Like 1

Do the exterior front and rear bulbs work? On a '90, the two outer bulbs on the rear must operate or the lights won't flash. There are actually three bulbs on each side at the rear that flash with the turn signals, but the inner one of the three works from a relay in the trunk.

• Like 1

Classic example of a burnt out light in the flasher circuit. If the flasher doesn't see enough amperage passing through it, it will not flash. I would start by checking all the light bulbs first. Some are a little difficult to get at. I bought enough and changed them all while I was taking things apart anyway.

• Like 1