Nice threads

PWB

Greetings

Can anyone please verify this cloth insert seat pattern is correct for '67?

Illuminated with an extreme angle to reveal the pattern.

Exploring if cloth seats are doable.

Thanks!

A.JPG

B.JPG

Hi Paul,

I checked the `67 dealer book here in the ROA library and the `67 cloth definitely has a distinct pattern but it is very subtle and the cloth appears as though it has more threads per inch or is "finer". I can imagine after years of service the pattern would appear smooth but the sample in the dealer book has a pattern.

Tom Mooney

Indeed, under a beam of light perpendicular to surface the pattern or texture disappears.

I tried to exaggerate the pattern with the light almost parallel to surface. It is beautiful to witness. Blows away all vinyl IMHO.

Hmmm....

11 minutes ago, 1965rivgs said:

Hi Paul,

I checked the `67 dealer book here in the ROA library and the `67 cloth definitely has a distinct pattern but it is very subtle and the cloth appears as though it has more threads per inch or is "finer". I can imagine after years of service the pattern would appear smooth but the sample in the dealer book has a pattern.

Tom Mooney

18 hours ago, RoadShark said:

Here's a couple of shots of mine:

DSC02644.JPG

DSC02645.JPG

Not saying this material is not correct but the sample in the dealer book appears to have a more distinct and repeating pattern as compared to these pics. Maybe it is the narrow pleats that make the difference? I`ll try to get pics...

Tom

There are two samples in the `67 dealer book, champagne and black. The black sample is a bear to photograph and because the field is black and the indented pattern is dark the contrast is not good. So I will post pics of the champagne material. Hope this helps Paul,

Tom

DSC00001.JPG

DSC00002.JPG

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, 1965rivgs said:

There are two samples in the `67 dealer book, champagne and black. The black sample is a bear to photograph and because the field is black and the indented pattern is dark the contrast is not good. So I will post pics of the champagne material. Hope this helps Paul,

Wow! Classy

I believe its an exact match.

Thank you very much.

I'd like to get a dealer book but the two I've seen commanded a few hundred bucks and they were far from mint. So no

35 minutes ago, PWB said:

Wow! Classy

I believe its an exact match.

Thank you very much.

I'd like to get a dealer book but the two I've seen commanded a few hundred bucks and they were far from mint. So no

The dealer book for a `67 should be about $250 for an exceptional example. The way I perceive factory literature is the lit is not likely to lose value so even if I sell the lit for what I payed for it, ultimately I have the pleasure and the EDUCATIONAL VALUE of ownership for no cost. I have a small library and am quite confident it has doubled maybe even tripled in value since purchase.

I never fail to learn something I didnt know before when I put my nose in the original literature. For instance, while doing research to answer your question about `67 upholstery, I learned, unlike the `66 Riv, which offered the plum interior in cloth/vinyl only, the `67 Riv was available with plum in all vinyl only. I would like to have a `66 or `67 GS in Plum/Plum some day and I much prefer the all vinyl in the Plum color....so I have refined my search by learning a little something....again. After all these years hanging out around Rivieras still learning basic features.

Glad the pics confirmed your sample,

Tom

• Like 1