ODMA meet April 21-22

Terry will be good to see everyone at your ODMA show this weekend. I think we may have a dinner close to what was at Charlotte. Have you another history topic for discussion as I was interested in the AC verses Champion plug topic!  

I have heard that you will experience a good car count but maybe not enough cars to cause Mark and Marion to go into overload. We will be bringing only one car as the logistics to bring two out of Maryland was overloading me!

robert

• Like 1

The 64th Old Dominion Meet is now in the history books.  Nearly 150 of the finest vehicles you'll ever see were on the showfield on a nice warn day with plenty of sunshine and a light breeze.  The rains held off until cars were snug in their trailers later that evening.  For those now aware, the Old Dominion Meet Association has a long and proud history.  It was founded in 1953 and exists as a non-governing organization that links AACA regions and chapters in Virginia in order to rotate hosting an AACA Style mini-national meet in various parts of the state.  This year, it was Tidewater Region's opportunity to shine.  Thanks to meet chairman Marion McAlpine and Tidewater Region President, Mark McApline, the Tidewater Region gang pulled off another absolutely first class event. 

It was held on the campus of the beautiful Founders Inn on the grounds of Regent University.  My 1912 Triumph Motorcycle was proudly displayed in the lobby, while on show-day, on the grass out front we had two Dusenburgs from Dwight and Jane Schaubach, Jim and Donna Elliott's 1903 Cadillac and John and Lynn Heimerl's 1935 Chrysler Airflow.  The cars were absolutely amazing including a great display of previously certified AACA HOPF and DPC vehicles. 

We were honored to have AACA National President Tom Cox, also a Tidewater Region member take time from his hectic schedule to come home just for the event.  Here are a few photos:

IMG_0448.JPG

IMG_0449.JPG

Fountain Shot.jpg

Nash 1909 Rambler.JPG

Roberrt street Chevy.JPG

Joe Gieb Avanti.JPG

Mickey 40 Olds.JPG

Dawson z28 Camero.jpg

Doscher 65 Mustang.JPG

1913 T.jpg

Marion & Marion with Chevelle - 2.JPG

IMG_0452.JPG

IMG_0455.JPG

IMG_0461.JPG

IMG_0463.JPG

IMG_0466.JPG

IMG_0468.JPG

IMG_0472.JPG

IMG_0477.JPG

IMG_0498.JPG

• Like 1

Tommy, you and Debbie brought some great cars and really added to the show!   We were thrilled to See the Richmond Region take the Old Dominion trophy home - both of them. I promised Debbie I'd write up something and sent it along for your newsletter explaining how the old original Old Dominion trophy came back to us after being on display for many years in Edgar Rhors museum in Manassas.

Richmond really came through and brought a great contingent. 

Terry I also would like to congratulate all for a job well done.  Good showfield, good parking attendants and good administration.  The facility you had this event at was great.

I did enjoy the history "talk" at your motorcycle. I believe I could get the carbide lamp working but about all the fuel preparations prior to starting I am not so sure.

I was honored to be part of Richmond Region group and hope I did help a bit in them winning two of the three prestigious awards.  I guess I have to prep some more on the 61 for next year for the third award?

Robert

Not sure how much more you can buff on that Chevy.  The Best in Show is always tough.  We've got some experienced judges who make the rounds once everything is already done and the teams have made their nominations.  A special team of three-five of the most experienced judges then goes back out on the field to make their selection.  Not an easy task.  This year, Jim and Donna Elliott's 1903 Cadillac took the honors.

IMG_9582.JPG

Guest Mark McAlpine

Marion and I express our sincere thanks to everyone who participated in this year's Old Dominion Meet and, of course, to all the volunteers who worked tirelessly and cheerfully to make the meet a success.  Our thanks also to The Founders Inn and staff for providing such a great venue.

Congratulations to the Richmond Region AACA for taking home both the Edgar & Walsey Rohr Trophy (for the AACA Region with the largest percentage of its members participating in the meet) and the Old Dominion Trophy for the region earning the most points for participation based on vehicles entered, members judging, awards won, etc.

IMG_4689.JPG

IMG_4693.JPG

IMG_4702.JPG

IMG_4705.JPG

IMG_4710.JPG

IMG_4712.JPG

IMG_4715.JPG

IMG_4718.JPG

IMG_4724.JPG

IMG_4725.JPG

IMG_4728.JPG

IMG_4729.JPG