64 wildcat rims

dlcoop

My wildcat has what I call the Riviera rims on it, however they do not appear  to be black inset, but a silver color.  Which is correct?  Also the caps have the wildcat on them.  What color are they supposed to be?   They appear at one time to be red to match the car.   I think the black looks better on the rim itself but want to do it correct.  I am not doing a show car, but just a nice driver.

Thanks

Dennis

4 hours ago, dlcoop said:

My wildcat has what I call the Riviera rims on it, however they do not appear  to be black inset, but a silver color.  Which is correct?  Also the caps have the wildcat on them.  What color are they supposed to be?   They appear at one time to be red to match the car.   I think the black looks better on the rim itself but want to do it correct.  I am not doing a show car, but just a nice driver.

Thanks

Dennis

Hi Dennis,

The `64 Wildcat had a one year only paint in the lug nut area which is very close to what I would call dirty silver. The `65 thru `67 1/2 version of the wheels was charcoal gray and the 67 1/2 thru `70 wheels were black.

The correct caps for `64 have a silver Wildcat head on a black background. Probably best to post a pic of your center caps to confirm as there were several versions. Hope this helps,

Tom Mooney