Tunerpro program

jonlabree

What would you like to do? The RT version will read real time data for display on a laptop/tablet and also record for review. It can also be used to make changes in the file to enable burning/modifying although that requires additional equipment. I believe it can also be used to emulate the factory prom so the engine will operate from the laptop for changes on the fly, but I have never ventured into that area, and also requires additional equipment. You will need a ALDL adapter cable to connect to the laptop. Hopefully one of the more tech savvy will chime in.

Have many of the .bins but do you need the original or the one after the cranking TSB ? Federal or California ?

BTW TunerPro is for editing a .bin. TunerPro RT is for reading the ALDL stream and requires a cable & adapter (moates.net has them).

I believe $5B2 for a 1990 ecm or you could try the attached zip file for a which is a modified version that contains a command to allow turning off the ECM-BCM communication for faster data display, however it does turn off the dash and climate control when active:( This is for a 1990 only.

1228253_v03modded_ads.zip

Edited by 2seater (see edit history)

Drat, it is been a while but all 3800 .bin files have hex 5B in the first line so tuner files are $5Bx.

My 5B definitions came from Tuner Cat and AFAIR the 88 is slightly different from the 89-90.

That said a very wide set of GM definitions is in a file called ALDLSTUFF.ZIP

Think this is the LN3 .ads

1228253_v03.zip

8 hours ago, 89RedDarkGrey said:

Is that because of the '88s cam?

Unknown without comparing the files, but even then, it may be impossible to tell why. The operating systems were constantly evolving, even finding multiple PROM's for a single year. I just compared two 1990 PROM's, ANWU and ATYH, and the only difference I found was the fueling was changed during cranking in a small coolant temperature range. Sometimes calibrations for California enter the picture too, further clouding the matter. Not unlike changing the intake or adding headers to a carb'd  engine requiring jetting or timing changes.

• Like 1