Question on vacuum line

Tom_Overfield

Wow, and I thought I was almost done with the restoration of my 41 Continental.  The car was totally original when I bought it and the vacuum line for the wipers had a line coming up three inches or so, then a 90 bend toward the firewall about six inches in length.  The question is is this correct or do I need to run the solid line into the car, then add the rubber hose for the wiper motor? It appears the rubber line on my car went from the short line on the intake, then the rubber vacuum hose went into the car?  Hope this makes sense.  The detail work is driving me nuts! But I want it correct in all respects.

Thanks. Tom

Ok, thank but I got the information I needed, correct routing was as I described at first, tubing into the intake manifold up about three inches , 90 degree bend,then about 6 inches toward the firewall. Attach vacuum line and it goes through the large grommet holding the wiring harness in the interior.

Tom

Gotcha, that is exactly what I intend to do.  I installed, or I should say I surpervised my oldest son install an electric fuel pump on my car today. What talent he has indeed. I can remove the skirt, the tire and you cannot see anything at all, no pump, no wires, nothing to give it away.  I will taken a couple of photos of this installation to share over the weekend.