early 15 inch rims circa 1950

Wogden

I am looking for 2 rims in 15 inch 5on5 bolt pattern with the big center hole (3 1/16) and in a width of 5 inches to a max of 5 1/2. I thought that the early 15's on Oldsmobile's may fill the bill but am not sure of their specs.Can anyone help me out?

On ‎1‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 9:51 AM, Wogden said:

I am looking for 2 rims in 15 inch 5on5 bolt pattern with the big center hole (3 1/16) and in a width of 5 inches to a max of 5 1/2. I thought that the early 15's on Oldsmobile's may fill the bill but am not sure of their specs.Can anyone help me out?

I measured a 56 Olds wheel, But don't have any for sale.....

Hole is 3-1/16"

It is last year of 1950s 15 inch wheels.

It is 5.5" width, and is 5" bolt circle

These wheels are a bit unusual, as they are very shallow dish, which means they have more Backspace than normal wheels.

Backspace, I measured from drum mating surface, out to the farthest inboard edge of the rim, is 4".

That can cause the backside of tire to hit the leaf spring or wheel tub inner surface.  (but these wheels are a good solution of using those 60" wide Olds/Pontiac rear ends into older prewar cars, and have the tire fit under the fenders.)

I am fairly sure that Axle hole size would be the same for the earlier V8 Olds from 49-up. Those earlier ones most likely would give a better chance of a 5 inch width?...and not as much backspace (maybe)

• 2 weeks later...