JAG 1950's 'C BUILD NUMBERS

A friend of mine in Bloomington, Il had a new 'C' Jag in about 1953-54.

I was in his shop when it arrived, his name was ROBERT aka BOB DAVIS.  I was a young 16-17, and thrilled to see it.

I wonder how many were produced, approx. how many survived, and what is today's approx. value.

Thank You,

Dale in Indy, but born and raised in Bloomington, Il from 1937 - 1962

I have learned that from 1951-53 there were just 53 'C' Jags produced. 

A few were LIGHTWEIGHT versions.  One sold in 2015 for over 14 Million dollars.

I am learning more from another site, and will keep you posted.

I knew Bob was in the loop with Jag, but don't know what version he owned.

I hope to have a picture of Bob's car soon, a friend of mine inherited things from Bob, and pictures were part of such.

Dale in Indy

I'm not an expert so I may mess this up.  But when you said "C" Jag I assumed you meant the XK140 with the "C" head which was an option.  Those are often referred to as 140MC cars (with the M being other options).  But now I think you mean the racing C Types which had different bodies, etc.   Is that correct?

Attached is a "C" type jag race car.

le-mans-jaguar-dri_3352594b.jpg

It seems to me that this is what happened,,,,,Jag was pleased with the XK120, but engineers felt a body with better air flow, lighter, and with more power  would be good for the racing clan.

So the 'C' was born.  53 built, a few were lighter in weight for the serious racers, the others went to folks that wanted to run road races, not necessary PRO events.

This seems to be the picture of the 'C' that I'm getting, until someone proves me WRONG, hehe.

Dale in Indy

• 3 months later...

Back at ya , Dale in Indy ! Another Scottish C-Jag I stumbled across a year ago at Vintage Racing Motors in Redmond , WA. How appropriate that there is an Indy Duesenberg in the pic. Re-engined with a somewhat later mill. Shouldda been ME , drivin' that.................. , Oh , never mind.  -  Carl

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by C Carl
Spelling (see edit history)