1951 Chrysler Imperial convertible frame-off

I have had this car sitting here for five years, and now we are actually beginning the restoration.  I have started

collecting missing pieces and other stuff---like a disc brake conversion kit for the front wheels. As always there are

a few pieces that are missing, such as the gravel guards on the front of the back fenders, and decisions to be made

about the exterior color---probably the factory off-white color--and the interior--probably medium gray-blue leather.  

Maybe with broadcloth, following the factor pattern, or maybe all leather.

The hemi seems to be in very good shape--I was told it had been rebuilt by the guy I bought the care from.  We'll see.

Anyone of you who are currently restoring an old Mopar like mine?  Or have recently restored one?  Any of you have

a 1951 Imperial convertible?

I have attached a couple of photos.....

Wish me luck

Jon    jyinger1@gmail.com

51ImperialConvert.JPG

IMAG0135.JPG

IMAG0132.JPG

• Like 1

I am willing to depart somewhat from factory is it's for safety or significantly increases reliability.  I have a 1951 Chrysler Imperial 2-dr hardtop that has the front disc brake conversion..  I can really feel the difference stopping the car, and I like that.  We didn't add power assist, by the way.  I think I have a photo here somewhere.....

BabyBlue20120828sm.jpg

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I have a 1954 Windsor convertible. the car has a power booster which is currently disconnected. the standard brakes work very well. many people do not set the brakes up properly when doing a brake job and then do not keep them adjusted over time. the rears get forgotten because you need to jack up both sides of the car to adjust brakes. some day I will get the booster rebuilt.    capt den