universal joint

I need 2 universal joints for a 1954 Chrysler Windsor.roberts and bernbaum do not have.then and now never called me back. AMS obsolete has them but VERY expensive. perhaps a forum member can help with a more reasonable source. I will end up with AMS but money is a criteria at this point. I will still need to get them pressed and driveshaft balanced. I am in Wilmington, NC, but no local source found yet. thanks in advance for any leads.    capt den

Are you trying to use the original ball and cup style or does yours have a cross style ujoint? Are you driving or showing? If driving I have found an new made to order shaft that fits without modification is very affordable as opposed to the parts and pieces to rebuild the old unit. Sometimes the rebuild kits are found on Ebay if you need the original style.Rob

Cross style u-joints are a dimension only, can be by application but the industry really goes bu dimensions and style (outside clip, inside clip, wing style etc) and if you do not have a good auto parts store with a dimensional U-joint book and calipers, look for a shop that does truck driveshaft rebuilding. You will need an old one or both if they are not the same. Also Spicer has a very good website that is user friendly and very helpful. Rob