Looking for 32' Roadster owners willing to offer help.

chistech

I just purchased a 32 Deluxe wood wheel 6cyl roadster in need of restoration. It is 95% complete and I will list parts I'm looking for. I am also looking for any roadster owners who will be willing to offer me help on my restoration. I have been in contact with a couple 32' owners (one owns a roadster) who have been very helpful but I am still interested in talking with more roadster owners. (Yes, I know there's not that many). I have ordered the factory manual and other info also. Here is a quick list of what I'm missing.

Thanks in advance,

Ted

Air Cleaner

Stromberg Automatic Choke

Decarbonizer

Roof side irons (the two removable pieces the fabric roof snaps to and the ends mount in the windshield and rear roof frame holes)

Rumble seat latch (Can a 32 chevy latch be used?)

Rumble seat handle (could the 32 chevy be used also?)

One glass lens for the speedometer

Passenger door ashtray and holder

Wood wheel lug nuts (need a few)

Engine oil filter can ( or close facsimile)

Hi Glenn,

I did join and have contacted the 32' adviser, Rush Wright. Great guy and a lot of help. I have been building up my references and have received help already from about 5 Olds owners. As most know, the 32' olds roadster is a very rare model with few out there but there are some. Luckily I've contacted two who own roadsters and they are being extremely helpful.

• 10 months later...

I've been very fortunate in finding all the parts I listed in my original posting. I've found lots of help and thought I'd mention the fellow Olds enthusiasts who have helped me so far and continue to help me. These gentlemen have been instrumental in helping to get my DCR restoration underway and I'd like to thank them here.

Jim Conoran

Joe Pirrone

Brian Osborne

Rich Janouskovec

Vaca Bill

Robert Dare