Spatter paint in trunk on 64

64Rivvy

I'm cleaning and painting my floors and am about to move on to my trunk next. What is the correct finish in the trunk? My 69 Camaro has the spatter paint in the trunk and I really like the look of it. Also great for hiding imperfections but trying to extort things to stock as much as possible. Not sure if this was an option or could be considered correct in any way. Thanks.

Edited by 64Rivvy (see edit history)

My 64' has the body colour in the trunk. It's a fairly thin coat of paint but it doesn't have any texture - just the same paint as the rest of the body. The interior floors are also like that however the 1/4 inner panel under the armrest has red oxide paint and there is quite a bit of red oxide overspray on the floors too. There's some pictures in my thread '64 Riviera rebuild'.

Edited by Mozzie (see edit history)

1st generation Riviera trunks have a woven fabric that covers the floor, wheel wells, and spare tire cover.  Cardboard panels covers the sides, the hinge pillars, and the tail light housings.  NO SPATTER PAINT anywhere.  Comparing Chevys to Buicks, you have to remember why the Buick cost more.  Here's a link that shows a properly restored trunk on a '63. The only difference from a '64 is that the '64 would have the spare tire under the package tray.

Ed

http://www.secondchancegarage.com/public/photogallery4/1963-buick-riviera-trunk.cfm