looking for 56 Buick patch panels

Guest sdg0080

Guest sdg0080

Okay so I have a 56 Buick special 2 door hardtop, and I am in need to some patch panels for the quarter panels. I need the lower panels in front of the rear tires and the driver side upper above the wheel arch and between the window and trunk opening. Any leads would be greatly appreciated. 

post-155466-0-93130900-1448328041_thumb.

While I have seen some patch panels show up occasionally on E bay, I don't think there is anyone actively marketing the same.  That lowere area ahead of the rear wheel opening is not too complicated to produce yourself.  But that hole under the window seems to indicate you might be best replacing the entire rear quarter.  I noticed you are also in need of some floors too.  If you haven't sourced them yet, you might want to look for a parts vehicle from which to pull everything.  Chances are you can do so with a 55 or 56 Special/ Century.  But as you probably know, not a Super or Roadmaster.

You may want to consider joining the Buick club of America. http://www.buickclub.org/  You can do so online, and then you can get the monthly publication electronically.  There is an active classifieds section that may provide substantial leads for what you need.

Okay so I have a 56 Buick special 2 door hardtop, and I am in need to some patch panels for the quarter panels. I need the lower panels in front of the rear tires and the driver side upper above the wheel arch and between the window and trunk opening. Any leads would be greatly appreciated.

I have a very clean 55 Cent 4 Dr sedan. A pretty rare car with exceptional sheet metal condition. Unfortunately I will be cutting this car apart. Outside sheet metal is interchangeable 54-56, but I think floor metal might be different in 56. I have a 55 with rough body but could use it as a test for cutting panels from upper quarters of 4 dr where yours are rotted to match fit. I think I can find metal at the top of the 4dr quarters that would match your 2 Dr if cut in the right place and size for patching.I'm in Mpls area of MN. Lemme know if your interested in that optionpost-102998-0-75673600-1448438244_thumb.post-102998-0-09980000-1448438446_thumb. I have a pair of new replacement rockers that I got with parts car for 2 drs. Bottom of doors on my 4 Dr would prolley work to patch lower body between door and wheel opening.

Guest sdg0080

Thanks for the response guys. I have made custom firewall and floors for the car. That's the only good pic of the area I was in need of. If anyone had a good template of that area I can fab some up, but I'm lacking a good point of reference to make them.

Guest sdg0080

I have a very clean 55 Cent 4 Dr sedan. A pretty rare car with exceptional sheet metal condition. Unfortunately I will be cutting this car apart. Outside sheet metal is interchangeable 54-56, but I think floor metal might be different in 56. I have a 55 with rough body but could use it as a test for cutting panels from upper quarters of 4 dr where yours are rotted to match fit. I think I can find metal at the top of the 4dr quarters that would match your 2 Dr if cut in the right place and size for patching.I'm in Mpls area of MN. Lemme know if your interested in that optionattachicon.gifIMG_20150131_084158.jpgattachicon.gifIMG_20150131_084212.jpgattachicon.gifIMG_20150131_084212.jpgattachicon.gifIMG_20150131_084212.jpg I have a pair of new replacement rockers that I got with parts car for 2 drs. Bottom of doors on my 4 Dr would prolley work to patch lower body between door and wheel opening.

Yeah I might be interested in some metal from you. I live down by des Moines IA. I need the area from the rear glass to trunk opening down to that area on the quarter panel. I found a passenger side on ebay for 40 bucks and grabbed that.