Wanted- Starter Switch Terminal Cap

Ethan1

CAn you post a picture of the pieces. is the switch the same as 42-47 ?

Yes, I believe they did. According to my manual, starter switch kit 192-11U was used on 1939-1952 Buicks/Packards. All I am looking for is the black terminal switch cap that mounts on the throttle body.

Here is a link to the starter switch kit 192-11U: http://m.ebay.ca/itm/301548365760

Click on the small picture and it enlarges. You can go through all the photos. And, no, I did not buy this. Somebody must have bought it some time ago. :(

Of course, all I need is the terminal cap.

Thanks! Ethan

Edited by Ethan1 (see edit history)

Glad you found one! Was this different than the one used in 1953?

Great to hear from you, Don! Very good question as well. As far as I can tell, the 1942-1953 WCD/WGD/WD-O used Carter starter switch unit kits 192-11U. Some of the WCFB's used the 192-21U kits and other WCFB's used 192-28S kits. Pretty interesting. So, from how I take it, the 192-11U were used from 1942-1953 as far as I can tell. Jon (aka carbking) would know EXACTLY what was used. :)

Edited by Ethan1 (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...

I may have one at my Oregon shop but I'll have to check to be sure it's a spare. I think I may also have a NOS 192-11U kit but I'm not sure. I do not currently have a visit planned but will probably go up there in the next couple months if you're not in a rush.

I may have one at my Oregon shop but I'll have to check to be sure it's a spare. I think I may also have a NOS 192-11U kit but I'm not sure. I do not currently have a visit planned but will probably go up there in the next couple months if you're not in a rush.

No rush, Don. Please let me know if you do happen to find the terminal cap. Take care! Ethan

• 2 weeks later...