1931 cadillac 452 torque tube and drive shaft

There would be no reason to manufacture one. The only reason you would need it as if it were cut up for an overdrive. I may know the location of one. I'm not sure if it would be for sale but It certainly would not be cheap. I do not own it nor do I have an interest in it. What wheelbase length is the car?

The one I have that is the final link to my restoration of my 1931 452 AWP was shown to be somewhat not true and when magnafluxed had numerous cracks and fissures. I would like to know if anyone has had these remanufactured, etc. I can certainly have this done at a drive shaft shop but wanted to know if an avenue already exists, thanks

Robert

The failure prone part is referred to as a "torque tube end ball." It takes the thrust load, and is perhaps all you really need. This part IS being remanufactured for 1929-33 V8, V12, V16 as a Region project by the Michigan Region of the CCCA. Price is $395 and includes a new bushing. Contact Michigan Region, CCCA  C/O Wally Donoghue 5130 Curtis Rd  Plymouth, MI 48170.   734 455-0177. 

Thanks, have that, the actual shaft is not true and magnaflux shows fractures so need a new shaft. I certainly can have it fabricated at a shop. just did not want to reinvent the wheel in the event that someone has blazed this trail which I am certain must be the case. thanks]robert

Robert, I'm not at home until tomorrow night so I don't have my reference books to check but I do have two drive shafts from 1931 Cadillac V-8s. Not sure if they will fit or not. You can email me at. yachtflame@yahoo.com if you are interested.

Wayne