Brake booster

Seth Rose

Hey guys Im finally getting my Reatta back on the road after a few years of sitting because of a stuck caliper and blown Teeves.  I just switched it over to a manual brake booster everything lined up just like stock and there is even a plugged vacuum line where its supposed to hook up now what I am wondering is i have all the wiring from the Teeves still sitting there has anyone done this swap before?  im not sure what to do with the wiring other than covering the ends and zip tying it up out of the way.  If there are some dash lights on im not to worried about it but if I could Id like to get them shut off anyone have a wiring schematic?  this is just gonna be a daily driver/work car so im not worried about the ABS either.

Also does anyone have Jim Finns email address?  I need to order some parts

Further more does anyone have the wiring schematic for the center console? the top part of mine is gone i was going to make and new one and just put in some 3 point switches for the windows the mirrors dont work so dont need those.

Thanks and motor on guys!

Could you post a list of the parts you use to do the brake conversion?  As the Teves parts get more expensive and hard to find, a conversion to the standard brakes might be needed to keep our Reattas on the road.  A writeup on how you did the conversion would be a great addition to the tutorials on Reatta Owners Journal.

Guest Kingsley

Hey guys Im finally getting my Reatta back on the road after a few years of sitting because of a stuck caliper and blown Teeves.  I just switched it over to a manual brake booster everything lined up just like stock and there is even a plugged vacuum line where its supposed to hook up now what I am wondering is i have all the wiring from the Teeves still sitting there has anyone done this swap before?  im not sure what to do with the wiring other than covering the ends and zip tying it up out of the way.  If there are some dash lights on im not to worried about it but if I could Id like to get them shut off anyone have a wiring schematic?  this is just gonna be a daily driver/work car so im not worried about the ABS either.

Also does anyone have Jim Finns email address?  I need to order some parts

Further more does anyone have the wiring schematic for the center console? the top part of mine is gone i was going to make and new one and just put in some 3 point switches for the windows the mirrors dont work so dont need those.

Thanks and motor on guys!

Jim's new email address is:  reattas60@gmail.com..  Believe he still checks his old one but will use only his new one in the future.  Hope this helps!

Kingdsley

Edited by Kingsley (see edit history)

ya i got a hold of Jim and got my parts ordered should be here next week if im lucky.

http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/detail/OBH3/501055/01305.oap?year=1988&make=Buick&model=Reatta&vi=1019898&ck=Search_brake+booster_1019898_303&keyword=brake+booster

thats the booster I used and it was a bolt on deal. pulled the old teeves off and put this one on you have to modify your brake pedal I took mine out and took a grinder to the back side of the stud sticking out and pounded it out. the hole that is left is the same size as the hole in the rod on the booster. I found a bolt that fit with no slop and put it through both and a nut on the back side viola power brakes.  I should also note that you will have to tie the two brake lines going to the back into one line i just used a T fitting and hooked them both to it and then to the rear fitting on the booster.  there is a plugged vacuum line on the intake manifold where the booster hooks up.

Now i just need to get a manual and figure out how to get the dash light to go off and im good and if i cant black electrical tape is pretty cheap :D.