White Reatta in Bowling Green

Barney Eaton

The grandson and I are on a short tour.... Yesterday we did the Corvette plant tour followed by the Corvette Museum (a little disappointing)  as you go to the museum there is a collectable car sales place and there was a white Reatta visable.   We did not stop as we were slightly behing schedule.

Today we are just north of Indianapolis and tomorrow we head toward Detroit,  we may stop in Auburn then on to the Ford museum,  baseball game Saturday afternoon Detroit/Houston.    

Our next required stop is Monday in downtown Chicago to pick up some items from the grandaughter.

Again we have an open schedule but are headed to Springfield so I can check out the hotel and area were the BCA National Meet will be held next month.   

Poor Nancy had to stay home and watch the cat.

I will probable check this site later today so if anyone has any suggestions for interesting attractions along our route,  please let me know.    PS the grandson is 23 and has a year remaining at Texas Tech for his Electrical engineering degree,  please no suggestions for "little" kids. 

Barney,

Enjoy your brief stay in Michigan.  The weather Saturday and Sunday is supposed to be pretty good, but it looks like rain on Monday.

Hope the Tigers wake up sometime soon 'cause they've been giving away too many ball games lately.

I envy your trip with your grandson.  Sadly, mine are scattered all over the country and I seldom get to see them.

Have safe travels,

I went to an automotive museum in Hickory Corners MI. I thoroughly enjoyed the Gilmore Museum. I stopped there for a couple hours on my road trip last fall. I plan to go there again in a few weeks when I can spend more time at the museum. I highly recommend the museum.

Thanks for the replys,  I have been to the Kokomo (Haynes)  museum, rethinking my schedule and may stop at Auburn tomorrow and glad you mentioned the Gilmore....never been there. 

Home Wednesday, late afternoon.    Drove 3126 miles.   Visited at least 8 different museums/collections.

Last Friday we did the ACD museum in Auburn then the National Truck museum that is behind the ACD.    Totally different presentation but both well worth the time.    As we were about to leave the Truck museum,  in came BCA members Sid & Belva Meyer who live in Auburn and volunteer at the museum.   We have been on BDE tours with them so we talked about the recent BDE tour and were on our way to stay in Ann Arbor.

Saturday we did the Ford Museum but needed to leave by 2 to catch the 4:08 start of the Detroit/Houston ball game.

Sunday we arrived at the Gilmore around 10:30 and stayed to around 2.... needed to get to downtown Chicago before dark.    Stayed with the granddaughter Sunday night then loaded her extra furniture in GMC and got out of Dodge....I mean Chicago around 3pm and made it to Edwardsville IL for the night.

Tuesday early we had the first rain for the trip but it was over by the time we crossed the Mississippi..... Arrived in Springfield MO about 12:30 and made a loop  into the Ramada Inn host hotel for next months Buick meet.    Looks like we will have plenty of room for cars etc.

Went to the Springfield Bass Pro Shop and sampled their buffet lunch,  and looked at least two of their displays (which may count as small museums)  Even if you are not a hunter or outdoorsman, the Bass Pro shop should be on you Springfield list,   I read somewhere it was 300K sq ft of store.   I failed to mention in my first post that we stopped at the NEW Bass Pro shop in Memphis.   They renovated the old Pyramid  in Memphis that was for the basketball and hockey team.    The Memphis store is unreal.   it has a 26 story glass elevator going up the middle to a restaurant and viewing platform at the top of  the pyramid.   It also has "Lodges" around the perimeter of the 3 level,   You can stay in the same place you shop.   The indoor "marsh" is large enough there are boats on it.    Go online and check it out and make sure you stop if you are ever in Memphis. 

Later Tuesday we stopped in Bentonville  AR (Walmart headquarters) to view the "Crystal Bridges" art museum but that is the only day they are closed.  We did go to the old downtown Walmart store museum before spending the night in Fayetteville,  then cutting across the corner of Oklahoma to Texas and home.

The second Reatta we saw on the trip was in Battle Creek MI in a WalMart parking lot but it was rough.   

Thanks for recommending the Gilmore, 

Barney,

I Googled the "Pyramid" in Memphis. It is truly awesome.

If I ever make it down that way it will be on my must see list. Thanks for the tip.

In your first post you mentioned that your trip would take you through the northern tier of IN. to get to Chicago.

I would have offered to meet you and buy you lunch as you passed by the Chesterton, Valparaiso, Portage exits but Comcast decided to kill my service for several hours during the appropriate time period to contact you. I have their "Triple-Play" service and it all goes down together. No phone, no internet (texting), no TV. nada. Anyway... sorry to have missed you. Maybe next time.

John F.

John F.

You've just reminded me once again why I dumped Comcast for satellite about 12

years ago. Many local friends have since done the same. Their service is

horrible and I really don't think they give a damn.

I have Dish, AT&T internet, and Sprint cellular. All work extremely well here

in Michigan.

• Like 1