A Tale of Two Coupes

knee-action

To me, one of the pleasures of watching eBay is proper identification of cars for sale. There are two body shells on there right now that present a bit of a challenge. Let’s call the first one “Car A”, item number 281361272729. I’m thinking 1933 Pontiac. The second one, “Car B”, is item number 271522503523. I’m thinking 1934 Oldsmobile. What do you guys say?

I think the second is a combination between Chevrolet and Oldsmobile. Olds rear, Chev front and doors.

West, I think that rough coupe is all 34 Olds. The body in the first post sure looks 33-34 GM. However the rear inner fender panel gives me pause.

Indeed car number two is a “Chevmobile”! I just went through the pictures on eBay again, and if you closely examine (do a mouse over) the picture on the far right of the first set of six you will see a 1934 Chevrolet Master dashboard loud and clear. Congrats to everyone who participated, you guys are killers with your antique car savvy. Special thanks to Mr. Mellor for the link, the pictures and overall knowledge.

Now it's starting to make sense. Back when jalopies were common somebody grafted the front of a 33 Chevy 2 door onto an Oldsmobile coupe rear clip. The 33 Chevy coupe doors are shorter. You can see the molding I spoke of in front of the windshield post and the front fenders match.

Chevrolet_Master+CA+Coach_1933-1.jpg