• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 fozz71

fozz71

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 02:18 AM

Does any Durant owner have a working vacuum tank of the leverless variety that they can take a few images of inside? My float came off and I am not sure how it all should look. OR does anyone work on these and can take a look at mine??? Thanks!

Thanks,
Jim
email anteekguy97@aol.com

Edited by fozz71, 24 January 2013 - 01:14 AM.
added request

#2 art s

art s

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 07:03 AM

There is a fellow here in Vancouver who is in the Durant club, and works on the vacuum tanks. I can ask him if I can give out his phone number if you still need help. He does not have a computer.

#3 fozz71

fozz71

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 02:29 PM

Thanks for the referral- I did get a contact from a fellow in Ohio and may be all set.

Thanks- Jim

#4 old car fan

old car fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,240 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 08:10 PM

Jim ,did you happen to buy that float?If not let me know,although i think yours will be fine.

#5 fozz71

fozz71

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 12:01 AM

No, I didn't jump at it. I'll try mine and if it doesn't work- can I get a rain-check on yours? Do you think you'll have it in a few weeks yet?

#6 mikelinthicum

mikelinthicum

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 514 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 01:02 PM

Mike Larsen is the guy in Vancouver who rebuilds the vacuum tanks. Been a member of the Durant club for some time, great guy. He rebuilt mine to show condition and it looks great. I suggest if you have any other questions, jump over to the Durant Motors Automobile Club web site and post on that forum. They are a helpful bunch and know their Durants.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users