Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
fozz71

Vacuum Tank Help

6 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Does any Durant owner have a working vacuum tank of the leverless variety that they can take a few images of inside? My float came off and I am not sure how it all should look. OR does anyone work on these and can take a look at mine??? Thanks!

Thanks,

Jim

email anteekguy97@aol.com

Edited by fozz71
added request (see edit history)

There is a fellow here in Vancouver who is in the Durant club, and works on the vacuum tanks. I can ask him if I can give out his phone number if you still need help. He does not have a computer.

Thanks for the referral- I did get a contact from a fellow in Ohio and may be all set.

Thanks- Jim

Jim ,did you happen to buy that float?If not let me know,although i think yours will be fine.

No, I didn't jump at it. I'll try mine and if it doesn't work- can I get a rain-check on yours? Do you think you'll have it in a few weeks yet?

Mike Larsen is the guy in Vancouver who rebuilds the vacuum tanks. Been a member of the Durant club for some time, great guy. He rebuilt mine to show condition and it looks great. I suggest if you have any other questions, jump over to the Durant Motors Automobile Club web site and post on that forum. They are a helpful bunch and know their Durants.