Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mochet

Weiner Microcar Museum

10 posts in this topic

Just heard of the planned auction of Bruce Weiner's Microcar Museum by RM next February. Looks like it is still open (for now), so I hope to get down there with my camera. Bruce sold his first collection at Sotheby's back in the '80s, I think. His "second" collection is even larger. I wonder if he bought any of his old cars back?

Phil

I just got this reply from the museum:

"The Museum is scheduled to be open Fridays and Saturdays 10am to 4pm until sometime in February 2013 when it will be closed for good.The exact date of closure is not known at this time.

There may be slight changes to that schedule around the holidays, you need to check the website to confirm as any changes will be posted there."

Phil

I read the Antique Auto article today. The 2 page photo capturing his collection is a masterpiece. To me it ranks up there with Picasso and Van Gogh. I could stare at it for hours. Beautiful.

The good thing is that the entire collection could fit in your average two garage....grinning-smiley-014.gif

Posted (edited)

Pics are required what the weider cars do you have? I am looking for some unique models of vehicle which I diidn't ever seen before...

Edited by clifton (see edit history)

I saw an episode about it on Velocity Channel show 'Chasing Classic Car's. Wild cars, wild prices.

Anyone know who bought and where the Crosley FarmOroad went. Would be interested to know the serial number. I keep the FOR registry for the Crosley Auto Club.