Trailer Floor Coating ??

Had the same problem a month ago with my new trailer. Since I was running out of time and couldn't make up my mind I went to a bargain building supply and found a nice light colored vinyl floor covering in a 6" checker board pattern. It was cheap so if it doesn't last I'm not out much but it protects the wood for another idea. I spread it out and attached with a couple of screws at the ramp end and just let it lay down without glue. It would be a bit slippery if wet but cleans up easy. The checkered pattern also is nice for lining up the load you can tell at a glance if your going in straight and even on both sides.

I painted the ramp with some old white house paint and spread sandblasting sand on the wet paint to get a slip resistant ramp. Worked well, but if I was to do it over I would mix the sand right into the paint so it was more encapsulated in the coating. After it dried for a couple of days I sweep with a push broom and vacuumed up a lot of the access. After the first 1000 mile trip another tablespoon or so of sand had come off and was at the bottom of the door when I opened it.

Guest billybird

I have used patio/artificial grass type carpet for the last 20 years and been satisfied. It's pretty reasonable at Lowes or Home Depot.

We used the same floor sealer that is used for gymnasium floors. My local paint supplier happened to have a barrel of it. We put one coat on the bare walls and two coats on the floor. It is not slippery at all but wipes up great. We have drug dead vehicles across it. The finish will mark but remains strong. We have been very happy with it so far. I'm sure it is similar to any good quality urethane floor sealer.

post-60266-143138264126_thumb.jpg

On my 24' I just laid down some cheap vinyl flooring that looks like laminate flooring. On my ramp I used an anti-slip product from McMaster Carr McMaster-Carr

This applies easily with a roller and has been very durable. Because it is on the ramp, any leaks get cleaned up quickly, so I can't attest to how it will work with oil/gas saturation. Check the website, they provide very detailed specs.

Carl

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...

Hi all,

New to posting on this site and wanted to share some great product information (my personal opinion and experiance) that I have used on racing sailboat decks for non-skid (although very tough on bare skin when newly coated) performance, and have used it to coat the ramp door (that was very slippery when wet prior to coating) with this product and also the flooring of my equipment trailer to keep from carving up the nice plywood. This product is not in-expensive but easy to apply, lasts and works great! I used the trailer it to move heavy automotive equipment and gouged it off along with some plywood at times but simple to re-coat that specific area and good to go again. It is an option to look at... Bed Liner Paint, Do It Yourself Bed Liner, Roll On Bed Liner

Terry