1988 Reatta Turn Signal Flasher = Urgent!

ReattaTType

Hello my turn signal flasher has just died on my 88 Reatta and when I turn on the signals the indicator will most of the time come on but it wont flash and then sometimes will not come on at all. I believe this problem to be the flasher. I am just wondering the location of it in the 88 Reatta as I have the service manual but the page is missing or doesnt exist. It led me to believe that it is somewhere under the passenger side compartment under the dash. Also is it just a regular flasher as I know the chime modules, etc. are things other cars did not use. Thanks.I just need to know ASAP so I dont get rearended which almost did happen today.

The turn/flasher unit on 1988-'89 Reattas is unique and your best bet is a salvage yard unit from a Riviera.

You may be able to get them at auto parts houses but they are probably expensive.

Also try Jim Finn

The flasher is located next to the steering wheel column under the dash. You'll need to remove the plastic kick panel above the gas/brake pedals. You'll need to move the seat back as far as it goes, lay on your back in the floor board to access. Leave your turn signal on in the direction that it works so as to hear the ticking sound and feel your way to the ticking flasher. If the flasher is not working at all turn on your emergency flasher. The emergency flasher is right beside the turn flasher. Again, feel your way to the ticking flasher. The turn signal flasher will be right beside your ticking emergency flasher. Room is extremely tight and you'll only be able to use one hand. I hope you have a small hand. Mine are small and it was a job to get it out and install the new one.

I would make sure you don't have a bulb out before going to the trouble of replacing the flasher. It is not fun.

Good Luck,

Mike