63 Riviera Transmission Mount

tim63riv

Tim,

If there's an Advance Auto Parts (or Kragen - both part of the Parts America group) ask a good parts guy to look through their Anchor Mounts catalog. The mount you're looking for in is that catalog. It's hard to find online, but I've seen it. OR, a TH400 mount from a later year can be used if you get the mount with the stud on it and drill a new hole in the crossmember. I did the latter years ago and it's been fine ever since. Take a look at part #2374.

I've got to pick up a air pump belt at the local Adv store this afternoon, I'll get the Anchor catalog from Vern and see what numbers I can come up with.

Ed

Don and Ed,

I have sourced a used 63 Wildcat dynaflow mount that has the two bolts that attach to the cross member cut off with a torch. The transmission mount currently in the car has a single stud sticking out of it with a nut holding it to the cross member! I'll use some heat, penetrating oil and some easy-outs and see if I can bring the Wildcat mount back to life.

I followed up with Steele on their website and they offer a revulcanization process for $83.00 with a three week turn around time. CARS offers a revulcanized mount for $73.00 with a $50.00 core charge. Seems which ever way I go, I'll have to get the Wildcat mount in shape to either use as is, send it to Steele for revulcanizing or order one up from CARS and use it as my core!

Thanks for the help!

Tim

Tim,

If possible, send me a picture of the mount you now have, I want to compare it to some known mounts I have pictures of. Also, you might check with Russ Martin of Centerville Auto in CA. He has a whole bunch of nailhead parts and suppliers that he won't share the names of. cool.gif He might have a NOS or NROS one. www.nailheadbuick.com

Ed