Lunch meet/show and shine

jeffinpa

Hi, my name is Jeff Hine I have just accepted the position of North East Pa. chapter coordinator of the R.O.A. and I am organizing a multi club lunch meet/show and shine in Wilkes Barre Pa. and would like to invite you all.

2020 wilkes Barre Marketplace

Wilkes Barre Pa. 18702

Date: sunday May 4th

Time: Doors open at 11:am

There will be members from The Lincoln Mark vii, East coast Rolling Thunder, and already 2 members from R.O.A. signed up for this event. So if you care to enjoy some good food and stay for a great cruise let me know so I can add your name (not necessary but would be appreciated) to the list.

There is no fee the sign up only cost is for your food.

Guest dcdpgh

Hey Jeff,

Great to see we now have a PA "region" of the ROA. Unfortunately for me I am way over in south western PA. Good luck with your new regional activities.

All the best,

Dan

Thanks for the welcome guys and it is to bad you can't make the meet. I am also holding a ROA exclusive picnic on April 27 listed in the news letter. I am going to plan another picnic meet in September. How far are you Pa. guys willing to travel?

Guest dcdpgh

Honestly Jeff, not that far. At 40 years of age she's an old girl. Seriously though, the farthest I've been from home is around 50 miles (an hour or so). I've only owned my Riv a little over a year and it's a mostly original car. I spent most of last year going through it to replace, fix, and upgrade all the deficiencies I could find to make it reliable. The good news is after those efforts she never stranded me once last year. As time goes by and I get more "confident" with the car I suspose I will feel better about traveling farther and farther from home.

That being said, if a national ROA meet even landed within 2/3 hours driving distance I would be tempted to try it. It would be great if we had a ROA region on this side of the state. Hats off to you for your iniciative.

Dan,

I spent the same amount of time last year repairing and replacing and renewing items I found on my 64 Riviera. I found it sitting in a garage in Houston where it had sat since 1980.

After getting it all fixed and having a shakedown cruise or 2, I took off for the Buick Nationals. Aside from drinking gas and losing A/C, I had no issues. 5275 miles later I was back home with a multitude of memories.

My point is, dont be afraid to drive your Riviera, it is more reliable then you know.

Guest dcdpgh

Bill,

5275 miles! That's quite a road trip.

Thanks for the words of encouragement. You are right, I should venture farther out. I am learning what many of you already know, Buick built some rather robust cars back in the day. I am still amazed that a 40 year old car car drive down the road with hardly a perceptible squeak or rattle, and absolute rigidity over uneven road surfaces.

Bill is right sooner or later you will have to gain faith in your abilities and the car.

Would you consider taking a 2 hr or so ride to a regional event?

I am going to try another picnic elsewhere in pa., dc you are in Pittsburg if I am decifering your loc. correctly,

I was looking somewhere between here and there.

Guest dcdpgh

Jeff,

You are correct, I am in Pittsburgh. I would seriously consider a two hour or so trip to a regional event. I've never seen more than two or three Rivs at any of the large local events we have here, let alone all parked together. A ROA event would be cool. If you are considering a centrally located fall meet in September somewhere in PA maybe you could promote it as a state wide regional meet. You might get quite a turnout with a central location.

If you are looking at September, I do already have a local BCA event over Labor Day weekend. Not that I expect you to work around me, but I just wanted to throw that out there.

Please keep me posted on your thoughts for a fall event. You can email me directly at dolan.4@verizon.net.

Thanks again for taking the iniciative.

Welcome aboard Jeff... I hope your first meet is a great success. It's amazing what a good time even the smallest number of ROA members together can have just talking cars and kicking tires. I hope my regional meet in May stirs up as much enthusiam as yours is so far! Let me know if I can help out in any way.

Dan you see Rivs at Events, I haven't seen a Riv at any event around here as long as I can remember.

The state wide event is an idea. I am going to start looking for a nice place to hold one. I enjoy doing these meets and plan on holding other events in different areas as long as people are willing to join in.

Looking foward to meeting with as many Pa. and surrounding members as I can.

Thanks Jason and as long as I get a few members to meet up it will be a successful start.

• 4 weeks later...