My 1988 First Pictures of the whole Car, Road Ready, Far from perfect.

Dashmaster

Since I got this car. Its been one job after job to get it back on the road. Lots of parts and lots of time. I never took any picture when I first got it but do have pictures on everything I have done to it. My List is long and costly. Every time I fix one thing, something else goes wrong. So right now I think it can be driven. Still needs work. You can't tell in the pictures but this car needs paint. All the clear coat is gone on the hood,headlight doors and tops of both front fenders. This was caused by a bad repaint by dealer after original owner hit a deer in it causing minor damage but need parts re-painted.

post-87347-143143090438_thumb.jpg

post-87347-14314309042_thumb.jpg

Guest my3buicks

Looks good, and doing it right now and getting everything fixed and in good order now will pay off in the long run

Indeed, you are taking the right approach. Your efforts will pay off in reliability and enjoyment of the car. The cosmetic work is the big ticket item (good paint jobs are costly) but once you pass that point you will have a very nice car, and the satisfaction of owning a rare car that is as clean and solid as many newer cars on the road.

I've been down this road with two cars now, and the third and fourth are in progress now. It is slow going trying to do work on two concurrently, but I am enjoying it save for the periodic frustration that comes from this sort of work.

Keep at it, the rewards will everually come back to you.

KDirk

Keep after it, I'm still diggin' on mine. I just finished jerking out the old AC and installed the new 134A system. I'm down to about 4-5 "to do's" and mine will be 99% good. I don't see myself going back into the door to work on the switch for the light show. There's fish to go chase.