1965 Riviera Gran Sport

bjfox1970

I am selling my 1965 Gran Sport project.

The good:

An almost rust free body. Car came out of Oklahoma. The body was stripped to bare metal and put into epoxy primer before I purchased it. The only rust through on the car is some pinholes in the rear quarters. Nothing a small patch can't fix. (If you've ever restored a car before you'll know how much body work can run. The body is the reason I snatched this one up)

Car still has it's original numbers matching drivetrain.

Originally Silver with Black Deluxe Interior (Non vinyl top)

Has the wood wheel, power windows, A/C, rear defoster

Have several pieces of extra chrome etc.

Issues with car:

Original engine has crack in cooling jacket (Have been told this can be repaired) (A 401 short block comes with the car if wanted. I was going to fix the original.)

Some light body damage (worst part is the rear of the drivers fender) ('64 fender included to use as a patch)

Car had shaved door handles, trunk lock and custom headliner (Other than that its stock)

Missing: center horn button, valve covers, air cleaner, headlight motors, door handles, trunk lock, keys, rocker and door lower deluxe moulding pieces (I believe there are 8 total pieces I have 4)

Seats, door panels, carpet, engine, tranny, exterior chrome, grill, bumpers were removed for stripping and primer.

Hood and decklid were still in bare metal when I bought the car a few years ago. I never got around to priming them, as a result they currently have flash rusted and will need stripped again. (Not rusted through)

The car has been stored inside my warehouse since I bought it. Selling because I am currently restoring another car and need the funds to finish that project first.

Ed Rainer (RivNut) has seen the car in person and can vouch for it. He has been kind enough to allow me to use his good name.

Car is located 50 miles south of Kansas City.

These are the only pictures I currently have. I can send more to any interested parties upon request.

Any questions feel free to call or email.

Ben Fox 913-991-8881 bjfox@dfserv.com

Price is $7500

post-72744-143143028757_thumb.jpg

post-72744-14314302876_thumb.jpg

post-72744-143143028761_thumb.jpg

It's hard to believe that someone hasn't jumped all over this deal. Yeah, there may be some work involved, but you'll have a really difficult time finding a more solid foundation on which to "make your dream come true" than this car. I've seen it up close and personal and can vouch for what Ben says about it.