WTB '41 sedanette, complete, straight and running

MichaelRyerson

I know, doesn't everybody? I'm a new guy (here) and an older guy (generally). Been lurking through here for a while enjoying the civility and knowledge. I thank you for that. I've finally come to a place in my life where I've got a little leisure time and an extra space in the garage. I'm looking for a '41 sedanette (with the dual carbs, if possible) or a Super coupe and I'm not in a big hurry but I'm ready to pull the trigger for the right car anytime. I'm past the point in my life where I'm interested in doing a frame-off just to have a car to drive. I'm just interested in having something that gives me a little pleasure every time I look at it and starts up most mornings. Kinda like my wife. It seems as though most of the sedanettes out there with commercial sellers are priced out-of-sight but, thankfully, don't seem to be selling either. I'm happy to pay a fair price and am hoping some of you guys can tell me what that might turn out to be. Anyway, thanks for hearing me out.

There is a 1941 sedanette that has been on the Portland, Oregon Craigslist for some while. It looks pretty good but still needs some finish work and the price is out of line to me. He lists it as having a "motivated seller". Bob H

Yes, thanks, I've talked to that guy. He's a friend of the widow, the original owner having passed about three years ago. He moved the car into his garage, hooked up a battery and a clean fuel supply and fired it up. Reported no issues but shut it down pretty quickly. I think that may be the only time it's run in twenty years. Unfortunately, they have basically no idea exactly what the husband did to the internals. The body is straight and the stainless and chrome is fair (but complete). Needs an interior. Needs a wiring harness. It needs the brakes gone through and the gas tank cleaned/sealed (or replaced), fuel lines replaced, fuel pump, filter, etc. All the normal stuff. None of which is a deal-killer for me. Also comes with another engine and transmission. But for me, the price is high for the condition of the car, it's 1500 miles away so hauling it back here is another hurdle and expense and knowing how I am I'd tear this thing apart and start from the frame up. Presently in negotiations for a car closer to what I'm looking for. Thanks for the heads-up though. I appreciate it.

I know, doesn't everybody? I'm a new guy (here) and an older guy (generally). Been lurking through here for a while enjoying the civility and knowledge. I thank you for that. I've finally come to a place in my life where I've got a little leisure time and an extra space in the garage. I'm looking for a '41 sedanette (with the dual carbs, if possible) or a Super coupe and I'm not in a big hurry but I'm ready to pull the trigger for the right car anytime. I'm past the point in my life where I'm interested in doing a frame-off just to have a car to drive. I'm just interested in having something that gives me a little pleasure every time I look at it and starts up most mornings. Kinda like my wife. It seems as though most of the sedanettes out there with commercial sellers are priced out-of-sight but, thankfully, don't seem to be selling either. I'm happy to pay a fair price and am hoping some of you guys can tell me what that might turn out to be. Anyway, thanks for hearing me out.

I was speaking with a friend recently,who has a 41 sedanette, he has interest in selling. He is located in Collinsville ,Illinois and you can contact him

at jimheslop@hotmail.com . Good Luck

I was speaking with a friend recently,who has a 41 sedanette, he has interest in selling. He is located in Collinsville ,Illinois and you can contact him

at jimheslop@hotmail.com . Good Luck

Talked to him yesterday afternoon. Swell car, very, very nice, but not quite what I'm looking for. This one (IMO) belongs in a museum. I'm looking for a real driver. Thanks for putting us together, I enjoyed seeing his car.

Good luck with your search, if I hear of one I'll let you know, as mine isn't for sale. Where are you located?

Keith

I'm in Houston, Texas. But I'd go pretty much anywhere in the lower 48 for the right car. I have a couple of options right now. I think I may have the search resolved by mid-January. Thanks.