body manual for 1937 dodge

zuodar

I'm not sure what you mean by a "body and dash" manual. You need to pick up a copy of a '37 Master Maintenance manual for your car along with a '37 parts catalog. These books include detailed instructions on repairs for mechanicals and electrical items but just hit on general repairs and maintenance for the bodies. Parts books list all part numbers and have many exploded drawings to show the placement of parts. Also a Motor's manual would be of great assistance for mechanical repairs. These books can be found online or at a good literature dealer.

One set of books that also might help especially with body panels is the Dodge Passenger Car Master Parts List which covers 1929 to 1939. these are issued by the Chrysler Corporation in 1939. It has photos of body panels door locks etc and is in two volumes. these are not cheap and often not complete ( I only have volume 2 ).

Cheers

Ian

• 4 weeks later...

yea I have the dodge repair manual in paper and cd versions plus the 1936-1942 Master parts list. I was wondering if they ever published a body manual that would tell you hoe to take off the dash, or door locks or trunk etc.

thanks guys

bob z

Most of the manuals I've seen have the parts listed for major items. They were not big on "how to remove the dash" like in today's manuals as they probably figured.....who would want to.

Some areas covered in the maintenance manual were only those that failed or require regular service, so things like the dash didn't rate as one of those items.

This is from what I've seen but other may have a different opinion.

Cheers

Ian