Wet Paint!!

Guest windjamer

Guest windjamer

Tuesday the 7th. of Oct. I left Binghamton NY about 9am for Hershey. I stopped at the Neu angola rest area on S 81 and then continued to Hershey. I don't have a mile marker or nearest town village, but maybe 40 min. to an hr. before hershey I came on a dot truck painting the yellow lines on the inside lane. I saw no sign's and did not know I had gotten a considerable amount of paint on my truck. I was not alone several others came to my space's and said they also got in to the paint. I have talked with PA. DOT, and there is a chance they will reimburse me IF again IF I can tell them a close point where the truck was painting. Do any of you know exactly where that truck was painting?? Thanks for any help.

Guest windjamer

Thank you Sir. I think I was maybe a half hr. out of the rest area when I came on the truck. I was not the only one . The folks from Maguire polish also hit it . The paint upsets me, but almost having the truck for a hood ornament was NOT fun.

Guest AlCapone

They should be able to tell you where the truck was rather than place the burden on you. Really what does it matter, they are the guilty party. Wayne

Thank you Sir. I think I was maybe a half hr. out of the rest area when I came on the truck. I was not the only one . The folks from Maguire polish also hit it . The paint upsets me, but almost having the truck for a hood ornament was NOT fun.

Dick,

That would put you roughly around mile marker 115 to 125 if you were doing say 60-65 m.p.h.

As for Al saying "they should tell you where the truck" was will probably get laughs from PennDOT. They could say you got the paint in California then saw a line painting crew in Pennsylvania so blame it on them. Pennsylvania has hundreds of miles of I-81 with more than one paint crew so just give them the best estimate of your location as possible if that is what they want.

When I was Mayor of my hometown we had 2 very high profile dealings with PennDOT and I highly advise that you tell them as much detail as possible or it will go nowhere.

I am sorry for the paint issue you have and by your having made contact with them is a success in itself. Take advantage and do not delay communicating with them.

Good luck!

Regards,

Peter.

Guest windjamer

Thank you to all. I do appreciate all the help and encouragement. Special thanks to Mr Heizmann. Anyone else that hit the paint please let me know. Again, Win lose or draw, Thanks all.

Guest windjamer

Rec. a second call from pen dot. They have submitted my claim to there insurance co. Imagine that. At least it acknowledges that they where painting. They didn't ask me for any documentation so I am thinking this is just the tip of the ice berg and I will have MANY hoops to jump through before a settlement if any. Lady said I should hear from the Insurance co. in 4 to 6 weeks. Imagine that. I will post again if I hear from them. IF anyone else needs the contact phone number I will be glad to give it.