Source for electrical connector jacket - Water temp sending unit

When I purchased my '64 the 'cold' side of the water temperature sending unit wasn't working, which I then replaced. During removal I saw that the jacket was damaged and just barely hanging on. Although I was careful when I removed it the connectors from the sending unit, the jacket didn't survive. Does anyone know of a source for a new one? I've looked online at our usual Buick sources (CARS, OldBuickParts and OPGI) but without luck. Does anyone have a good source for these?

I would imagine that it doesn't have to be a water temperature sending unit jacket. I would think that they are generic and that any jacket with the same degree of offset made for the same gage wire would work. Photos are below.

Thanks in advance.

post-85697-143142696119_thumb.jpg

post-85697-143142696113_thumb.jpg

Here is one source I found.

http://www.lectriclimited.com/mainpage.htm

Click on CATALOG

GM Fullsize/Riviera

Scroll down to Repair Components section

PN 34621 TEMPERATURE SENDING UNIT LEAD REPAIR KIT, for 2 flat blade terminal type sending units,

I can't seem to get the pic to come up on website but it sounds like what you are looking for. If pic won't come up you'd have to call to make sure its what you want.

Edited by JZRIV (see edit history)

Thanks Jason, that's a great source and I've added it to my favorites. I think that one will work, the only difference is the the jacket color. The wires appear to be correct colors (i.e. light green and dark green). I was able to capture a screenshot of the source that you provided and I've pasted it below for reference.

I also PMed Ed since he may have a donor piece.

I'm assuming that whether I choose a new or donor piece that I'll have to cut the spade ends off my existing wires and splice in the new pigtails. Is that right? Is there a way to slide a new jacket onto existing spade connectors?

Thanks for all the help.

post-85697-143142696591_thumb.png

If your terminal ends are in good shape and the small tang on the one side still has some spring left in it, you can remove the pigtails from the new jacket and slide the old wires into it - IF they were built to the same specifications. To remove the wires, you need a very small very strong piece of wire. You slide the wire into the jacket and flatten the tang so the terminal will slide out of the jacket.

Ed