1966 Ford Mustang Convertable 298 Hipo Cobra jet 66 mustang - $35900

1966 Ford Mustang Convertable 298 Hipo Cobra jet 66 mustang - $35900 (just back from Woodstock GA)

1966 Ford Mustang Convertible with 4 BRL 289 Hipo Cobra motor Very rare Correct 66 Candy Apple Red with a show quality high gloss finish. with Parchment Pony Interior, Factory Power steering and Breaks. Factory AC needs charges but guarantee works. Factory Power top. This car runs and drives better than new, It is as clean on the undercarriage as it is on top. This is a show car that has been on display at the Henry Ford Green Field Village Museum. It was invited to be and was displayed at the Automotive Hall of Fame. It was an extra in the Movie Simi Pro. This care is correct. All nut and bolt are cadmium plated, Ceramic manifolds Powder, Polished are ported head , Powder coated intake valve covers and air cleaner.

Video link

1966 Ford Mustang Convertible with 4 BRL 289 Hipo Cobra motor Very rare Correct 66 Candy Apple Red with a show quality high gloss finish. with Parchment Pony Interior, Factory Power steering and Breaks. Factory AC needs charges but guarantee works. Factory Power top. This car runs and drives better than new, It is as clean on the undercarriage as it is on top. This is a show car that has been on display at the Henry Ford Green Field Village Museum. It was invited to be and was displayed at the Automotive Hall of Fame. It was an extra in the Movie Simi Pro. This care is correct. All nut and bolt are cadmium plated, Ceramic manifolds Powder, Polished are ported head , Powder coated intake valve covers and air cleaner.

Video link

Car has been consigned to Gateway Classic Cars Detroit http://www.gatewayclassiccars.com/

post-94867-143142684467_thumb.jpg

Edited by JpMotorsports (see edit history)

Very nice and pretty car....is it a factory K car, or was the Hi-Po engine added? If a true K car, is the motor correct (four bolt mains, solid lifters, etc.)?

A serious Mustang enthusiast would want to know these things.

Quite a car either way...hope you find it a good home....

What's the VIN? If the fifth digit is a K and the engine is a verified K-code, I'll take the car, no questions asked.

I suspect it's not, particularly since it's got A/C and power steering, neither of which were available on the K-codes.

Very nice and pretty car....is it a factory K car, or was the Hi-Po engine added? If a true K car, is the motor correct (four bolt mains, solid lifters, etc.)?

A serious Mustang enthusiast would want to know these things.

Quite a car either way...hope you find it a good home....

If it's factory original with power steering and air conditioning, it's not an factory K-code car.

Did they have Cobra Jets in '66? I thought that was later, maybe '68 or '70, and only big-block (428?) cars. Not a Ford guru, just going from poor memory.

They did have automatic transmissions behind a hi-PO engine, however....I had one, a true K car GT convertible with correct engine and factory automatic.....had numerous people tell me at cruise-ins or shows there was no such thing, but there was....sold car for good money, but just my luck, sold it right before K cars went crazy on price....

There's good value in what's being offered with this car.....

• 4 weeks later...