29 Dodge 6 DA compression test

I recently acquired a 29 Dodge DA 6. The engine was drained of oil and water many years ago when it was stored. The engine was completely sealed.

I have done a compression check on the engine at room temperature and oiled cylinders. All compression read at 60 psi + or - 2 psi.

I have no way to test the engine after it is at operation temperature since it is non operational. Is the cold test a fairly accurate test?

I believe the compression ratio is 5.0 To 1. Is that correct.

20 years ago I had our 29' Victory running and actually drove it around, and it seemed to run good, and was so quiet you could barley tell it was running....A few months ago we cleaned the outside to paint it and pulled off the front covers and found it was full of sludge, so we kept tearing it apart, not wanting all that sludge left in there. When we finally got the mess all cleaned up and started checking and measuring parts, we found 1 rod bearing had a chunk of babbitt missing, and the piston skirts had .010 to .012 clearance....also needs a valve job (leaking bad) and crank turned, etc. We are still trying to decide what to do- (patch job or full re-build) Some people say spend the $$ and fix it right, others say that's the way they were, and it'l last quite a while just like it is...I guess what I'm saying is you never know what you got until you take it apart and check it...I work on modern small engines everyday at work and they wouldn't last 10 miles with issues like these....Now I wish I had checked compression before I took it apart...just for fun :)