Fuel Injector Cleaning

Dashmaster

I need to get my injectors cleaned, I read an older post and Caspers was mentioned, On their web page they link to a youtube video that is posted by mrinjector. These do not seem to be the same companies. Caspers is a little cheaper. If you have used either of these companies please let me know how you liked their service? Please let me know of any others I should check out.

Thanks Wayne

Guest Corvanti

being a "cheap, fast and easy" guy - i'd try the "Seafoam cure" intake treatment first: http://reattaowner.com/roj/component/content/article/67-engine-a-drivetrain/fuel-system/241-cleaning-the-fuel-system-with-seafoam

at under $10 (even with purchasing a correct size of rubber hose), it's worth a shot!:)

i did so and also cleaned the Idle Air Contol and MAF with the proper cleaners last week and she's running much smoother...

I need to get my injectors cleaned, I read an older post and Caspers was mentioned, On their web page they link to a youtube video that is posted by mrinjector. These do not seem to be the same companies. Caspers is a little cheaper. If you have used either of these companies please let me know how you liked their service? Please let me know of any others I should check out.

Thanks Wayne

That sounds like an old post of mine? In any case, I have used Casper's a few times primarily because I have met and talked to the owner several times at the GS Nationals. He also does all sorts of electronic parts for major aftermarket suppliers. That said, there are several injector services offered online and some have videos as mentioned of the different flow patterns available in other styles of injector as well as clean and dirty. You can usually find "rebuilt" injectors if downtime is an issue or, as mentioned, there may be someone almost local to you.

I decided to setup my own fuel injector cleaning setup. I used a fuel pump from 93 Chevy truck, and fuel rail from 2002 Saturn SL. Had fuel injector wire plugs from my Saturn parts bin. Cut top open on a metal 32 ounce 50/50 oil mix can that was empty, Dropped fuel pump in it with strainer, ran wires out and connected fuel line from top of pump to fuel rail, made wire harness for 4 injectors so I could clean 4 at a time. Hooked to car battery and pulsed the ground lead to cycle injectors on and off. I used SeaFoam and gas mix for cleaning, Started cleaning, got one to flow, then another, then 2 no go, took off the 2 that were flowing, added 2 more and worked with these 4, took some time and lots of soaking and pulsing. Finally got 3 to flow. Then worked with the one for some time and never got any fluid out of it. So I walked to my nearby junk yard and pulled a fuel rail from 88 Buick full size with 3800, Fuel was still under pressure when I removed it and was fresh and clean, car also had new plug wires on it so not sure how long it had been there, All the injector tips were clean so they must have been used not long ago. Put these on my cleaning setup, all 6 flowed well, cleaned them all and installed. Car Started and Ran good.