Got the owners manual which is a help but?

Still the head lights and tail lights don't work? I change the fuses. The heater fan works now and the dash lights do work also. The head lights switch is very hard to get to check. I am going to call the Shrock Brothers Monday to see how the head light knob comes off so I don't break it. Also the wipers don't work. Got power there so maybe bad? Not sure. Its hard to work under the dash for me. My eyes are not good close up anymore. Dome light does not work either? My buddy has a 38 and the light switch is different. When I get the service manual it should help me a lot I hope. There a trick putting the hub caps on. If you know what I mean. I want to hear the do's and don't getting this car road ready. ANYONE ELSE HAVE A 39 STUDEBAKER. I sure hope so. I have always work on fords. I will say the Studebaker is a lot better built car then a ford. Even better then a Mercury I half to say. I am very inpressed with this car how its built.

Guest Mark Vail

If the wipers are vacuum type, and I believe they are,. it could be the rubber hose under the dash may need to be replaced. If it is the actual wiper motor that is bad, you might try contacting wiperman.com. He rebuilds vacuum wiper motors. Lots of good information on his site, too. He's good, too, about answering questions you may have about wipers. Best of luck.

The 39 Commander might have had electric. I am pretty sure it did by 41. If the headlight knob is the same as the 41 then it just pulls off. There is a spring clip inside that might come out of the plastic. But Shrock makes excellent reproductions. Wiring harnesses can be had. You can get modern wire from several vendors or modern wire wrapped in fabric (so it looks original) from Rhode Island Wire or YnZ. I have heard good things about both.

VT_20130210_6180.JPG

More pictures here.

Nathan