Urgently Needed 1916-24 V8 engine Parts

Louisi2

OH- GREAT-- There is an "early Cadillac V8" group? AHCK! How can I keep up with all this when there are so MANY splinter groups to find? When I play with MANY makes and models of cars and search for a few tips on some of what I do to keep them in good shape I spend way toooooooo much time searching many boards! I have a 25 Cad in the shop now and was looking for a little info and saw this message about the early V8 group. Sorry if I offended anyone here- Just not easy to support every group. Last month, I got may hand slapped for asking why there is a 63/64 Cadillac forum, so now I suppose I will get spanked for this comment as well.

Dear Rods of the Valley -- I appreciate your comment, never having viewed it from your angle. I bought a 24 Cadillac, and that's my only old car. When I posted to AACA / Cadillac or Cadillac & Lasalle forums (looking generally for parts, sometimes advice) I got very little response, and an acquaintance with a similar car warned me it would be that way -- there is little interest in the era. Then I came upon "splinter group 1", EarlyCadillac, hosted by Steve Hammatt in Washington. Good, friendly site with hundreds of members. They help each other with part remanufacturing, advice, swaps, etc. That has been my vision for EarlyV8Cadillac. Really the machines from 1915 to 1927 are neglected! EarlyV8Cadillac now has over 40 members, is growing slowly, and more often helps with advice than parts (though sometimes the latter also). Feel free to join, even if you drop out after you find out what you need, and I wish you well. Cheers, Mike Barnes, Vancouver, Canada. EarlyV8Cadillac list owner. Email mbenseignant@gmail.com. Email me if you like and I will forward you an invitation.