1988 Reatta for Sale- Pristine, less than 31K miles! $5K

Guest mcooley

Guest mcooley

This car was a gift from a family member who restores older cars and is familiar with maintenance and needs of older cars. I am sad to see this car go, but I don't have the time to love this car like it deserves! I have only had the car for a year, my grandfather had it for several years and the car appears to have been impeccably maintained.

It currently has under 31K miles on it, I have put on 2K of those myself. The car is in fantastic condition.

Reasonable offers accepted.

Thanks, Maddy.

http://slo.craigslist.org/cto/4318188606.html

Wow, very nice. Looks like suede bolsters on the seats as well. If I were local and didn't already own three I'd probably buy it.

Hard to beat the price for one this clean with such low miles. Someone will do quite nicely to pick this one up. I don't imagine there are many like this left to be had. Oh, and owning two 88's and a 91 I think I have to give the nod to the 88's. The 91 models are great too, but I've come to really favor the 88, much to my own surprise.

Shouldn't have much trouble selling, that's for sure.

KDirk

00I0I_8VewomfXVwd_600x450.jpg

This shot shows (In my opinion) why the Reatta is a timeless body style. Looks good in 1988 and looks good now. The forum member that believes the touch screen causes a distraction has seen this issue as a profession and has corrected many drivers in an "acute" manner, as an observer.

88-89 Reattas are now collector cars driven sparingly, relative to the 10,000 to 20,000 miles a year many of us drive, so this unique feature can be mitigated to an extent. Point is well taken as general advice, but not necessarily germain to the reason for ownership of the car.

I thought about what you said about distractions and although modern cars have buttons and knobs (my 2013 F150) it still requires eye movement to focus on the action. Add to that GPS screens in the middle and our modern cars have come full circle, to what a Reatta had in 1988-1989.

I think the comments made about driving and distractions have diminished what should have been an ad for someone trying to sell their car, and might I say a very nice car at a very fair price. I hope a moderator moves the "ancillary" comments and starts a new post.

This is an excellent topic to discuss...

I think the comments made about driving and distractions have diminished what should have been an ad for someone trying to sell their car, and might I say a very nice car at a very fair price. I hope a moderator moves the "ancillary" comments and starts a new post.

This is an excellent topic to discuss...

Correct. I was trying to bridge the gap. I would have no issue having the moderator remove my comments.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest mcooley

I recently sold this car to a very happy buyer!

Sorry I didn't respond sooner but the forum doesn't not send email notifications when a post is responded to, so I didn't see it.