1934 hump back

rageracing

Was in town and stopped by one of my grandfathers old garages he sold back in the early 90's. My dad had a 34 hump back and a 34 coupe inside when he sold the building with all its contents. The coupe was a parts car but the truck was 100% complete. Being caught up with us kids, my dad did not know the garage was sold till we went to get in it and the lock was changed. A few years later he tracked the new owner down and he did not want to part with the truck saying he was going to build a hot rod out of it. The truck was disassembled by my father and him, my brother, and I were suppose to rebuild it when we got a little older. I haven't seen the place in probably over 10 years when I drove by on lunch break today to see the ruff has collapsed. The rear portion fell about 3 years prior and some more of it fell with all the ice and snow we had this year and low and behold there it is still in the same spot. The owners son now has the garage and after some conversation he left me look around. I have found the original motor still on the engine stand since he pulled it and all the parts, spare engine, 2 transmissions, all the body, doors, fenders, etc. You can see the head lights inside the truck along with the front axle and many other parts. The chassis is all there along with numerous grills and shells. The rear fenders are still hanging on the wall but the front fenders are under the roof that fell. A 73 cuda took most of the load so I hope they are alright. The only rust I can see is on the lower part of the body from sitting on the concrete all these years. I made an agreement with the owner that if I clean the fallen roof debris up, I can have all the parts that belonged to my father. Sadly the coupe was scrapped a few years ago but I think the whole truck is there! Bumper to bumper. My dad still has the title for the truck in his closet. I took the one grill to show him and he knew right away that was his. Enjoy the picture. Another truck saved.

post-61938-143142356109_thumb.jpg

Thanks keiser...I can't wait to get it out of there this weekend. Suppose to get 5" of snow tomorrow and more Thursday. I just wish the body was as good as it was when I last saw it when I was 8 years old. I hope to put it together with my dad and kids this time around.