Tow truck

adam1982

Guest prs519

No expert here, but I am guessing 32 chev based on budd wheels (it appears, I know GM used them, do not know when GMC,they started), Oval rad. badge, and the shape of the headlights. Also this looks like it may have started as a club sedan or victoria with the small trunk, then modified to support the A frame within what would have been the trunk area. On the other hand, putting such a body on a 1 1/2 ton chassis might not make any sense to begin with! Graham bros. also has a similar radiator shell a little earlier in date. Logically, It might be better to focus on a company that was truck specific -- more or less, since that styling is too good, unless it were engineered in from the start. That would be White, Reo, Graham bros., Studebaker, and that sort of mfg.

Perry in IdahoG

Edited by prs519
additional commentary (see edit history)

I believe this street cleaner truck is of the same make as the truck in question. It has the same headlight mounts off the radiator, the same bulbus sides to the rad. And the badge looks to be of similer design, appears to be round on the bigger truck.

The fact that this truck is also from Seatle could make the first truck a sevice truck to the bigger trucks from the same company.

At first I thought the shop truck was a Rugby.

does any one know what truck the street cleaner is?

Paul

post-72691-143138690183_thumb.jpg

• 3 months later...