1962 Electra conv. in Ariz. $2000.00

Pete Phillips

Not mine, and I have no connection with this, but I happened to look at Phoenix, AZ. Craig's List tonight, and there on the first page is a solid, running, 1962 Electra 225 convertible with leather bucket seats, looks like it has the original paint and it is thin, but where are you going to find a car like this for $2000?

1962 buick electra 225 convertible

Pete Phillips, BCA #7338

Leonard, TX (too far away to go look at it!)

Pete is correct. That is an offer almost too good to be true. His content indicates he is tired of wannabes and would take an offer.

This is likely a rust free car except for the rear of the rockers. Might be able to drive it home. Look at that interior, and this out of an Arizona car.

Plus it's a convertible too boot. This is one of those cases where I wish we had a BCA membership "network" where I could not only have someone local go look at it but buy it and store it until I could get a plane ticket. Maybe make an arrangement to have the carb rebuilt.

I'm pretty sure there are many on this board that would extend that courtesy but I don't know any regular contributor from AZ. I'm sure there are many BCA'ers down there.

Based on his ad, I see a 2nd generation owner whose Dad had this car for years and Junior just wants it gone. (I can't tell you how many times I have seen JUST WANT IT GONE in the content of CL ads) He has little interest in this gift and whoever gets it, gets a great 60's Buick convertible.

I too have the money right now but certainly am not sending it 1100 miles away to someone I don't know. Too bad, this would fill my collection as thew only thing I am missing is a convertible.