Any idea what this light is from?

keiser31

Why do they always come in singles??...and when you try to find a matching one, it reminds me of that old TV game show where they would flip a block to see a picture then you tried to recall where you saw the matching pic on the board :)

I think you were in Cal when I posted mine here.

http://forums.aaca.org/f170/circa-1930-deco-driving-light-276355.html

It must be the same maker...mine has a deeper bullet shape so mine is a year or several years newer in style? The split reflector and those crazy 3 latches are a match.

Why do they always come in singles??...and when you try to find a matching one, it reminds me of that old TV game show where they would flip a block to see a picture then you tried to recall where you saw the matching pic on the board :)

I think you were in Cal when I posted mine here.

http://forums.aaca.org/f170/circa-1930-deco-driving-light-276355.html

It must be the same maker...mine has a deeper bullet shape so mine is a year or several years newer in style? The split reflector and those crazy 3 latches are a match.

THAT'S where I have seen one like it! I DO remember seeing your post, now. Weird how an odd item will come up from nowhere and all of a sudden a bunch more pop up. Ahhh...the internet. Ain't it grand?

Ahhh...the internet. Ain't it grand?

in this case, No :) ... meaning mine has no name, so I just ebayed and googled "speedlight"... I get camera stuff and websites talking about the speed of light :(

Did get one hit on ebay...some guy listed a Trippe Speedlight as a Trip light :)

Is there a patent number? I doubt it...but if there was maybe it would help.

I was on hamb reading about the IOLA show/swap last summer; a hamber took lots of swapmeet pics....there on a table in one pic, was a MATCHING pair like mine.

• 2 years later...

I just picked one up that has a fog lens. Could these be the forerunner of the Trippe lights? Would be nice to know. Same type of reflector. Mine says made in Indiana not Chicago. Will post a photo tomorrow. I put it on my 1927 Henderson sidecar rig!